This 30-minute creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi dish really hits the spot when you’re craving something saucy and comforting. It’s also a great quick recipe for Meatless Monday meals.
I’m partnering with Fred Meyer and their #tasteofItaly event. Therefore, I’m bringing you this delicious and authentic Italian dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Ingredients for mushroom and spinach gnocchi
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
- baby Bella mushrooms
- white wine
- salt & pepper
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- potato gnocchi
- baby spinach
If you enjoy recipes like this creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi, you may also enjoy these other gnocchi recipes.
How to make creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi
- Heat the unsalted butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Now add the white wine and let it cook out. Then stir in the pressed garlic and heavy cream.
- Next, add the Parmesan cheese and spinach and mix it around with a wooden spoon until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Lastly, stir in the cooked gnocchi and season with salt & pepper.
What is gnocchi?
Gnocchi, pronounced (nyoh-kee) is a small dough dumpling made of potato, semolina, all-purpose flour, egg, and sometimes cheese. They can be flavored in various ways and are typically served in a sauce or soup.
How to cook gnocchi?
Place the gnocchi into a pot of salted boiling water then remove the potato gnocchi about 1 minute after they rise to the top of the pot.
Creamy, saucy, and quick mushroom and spinach gnocchi recipe that will be on repeat for meatless Monday.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the sliced mushrooms until tender. Add the wine and let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the grated garlic and add the heavy cream.
Cook the gnocchi according the package and strain out the water.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and spinach and stir for 1 minute until it is wilted.
- Lastly, stir in the cooked gnocchi and season with salt and pepper.
This recipe was originally published on Sep 16, 2016, it has been updated since.