My Peach Galette Recipe is a wonderfully simple pastry that has the sweetness of peaches with a light flaky crust that rivals your favorite bakery.
For another fruit-filled pastry, you may enjoy my simple Raspberry Tart Recipe featuring an almond fangipane filling.
This recipe was originally posted August 4, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here
Easy Peach Galette Recipe
Last Sunday after church, my husband I stopped by my grandparents’ house and picked a few peaches from their garden. They were so sweet and juicy! My grandparents’ trees were packed with peaches so we had no choice but to pick a lot of them. With so many peaches at home, my hands were itching to bake something with them. This peach galette definitely hit the spot. It’s best served warm, especially with some vanilla ice cream. I must warn you, it will disappear faster than you think.
Ingredients for Peach Galette Recipe
How to Make a Peach Galette
Following the directions in the printable recipe below, prepare the crust. You will form this loosely on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Carefully peel and slice your peaches to arrange in circles inside the crust for a beautiful appearance. Bake as directed and serve fresh from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
A peach galette is best served warm, but is delicious no matter how it is served.
More Pastry Recipes
I love a good homemade pastry, and this peach galette definitely showcases my skills. It also proves that you don’t have to be a professional pastry chef to prepare a delicious and flaky dough to create decadent desserts. My Pear Tart Recipe is another popular option, but my favorite is my homemade Danish Dough filled with a combination of fresh fruit and cream cheese. You may also enjoy another fruit filled galette like this cherry galette.
Peach Galette Recipe
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Then add in the butter and mix it in using a dough cutter or fork.
- Add in the cream cheese and form the dough into a flat disk shape. If the dough is too crumbly to form, add 1 tbsp of ice cold water. Careful not to over work the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Slice the peaches about 1/4" thick and toss them into a bowl. Add the cornstarch and 4 tbsp of sugar and gently mix just to combine.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to a circle about 12-13" in diameter. Using a rolling pin, transfer the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If some of the dough crumbles, just patch up cracks with the dough that crumbles off.
- Begin arranging the sliced peaches into circles starting for the outside in. Be sure to leave about 2 inches of space as the border.
- Fold the edges of the dough over onto the peaches. With each fold slightly pinch the dough to keep it all together.
- Brush the dough with egg wash and sprinkle with some raw course sugar. (Sprinkling raw sugar is optional)
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on the oven.