Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
This comforting Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe is loaded with fresh mushrooms, a hint of thyme and a splash of sherry for extra flavor.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium shallots diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 24 oz sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb puff pastry optional
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water for egg wash
Add the sherry, chicken broth, and spices
Top it with puff pastry and bake (optional)
What to serve with cream of mushroom soup?
Can I freeze mushroom soup?
YES! mushroom soup freezes very well. Just place it in an airtight container or plastic freezer bags (like the gallon-sized ones) and freeze it for up to 2 months. Then defrost at room temperature.
Calories: 483.31kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.7g | Protein: 8.44g | Fat: 31.67g | Saturated Fat: 13.02g | Cholesterol: 58.88mg | Sodium: 1122.79mg | Potassium: 553.35mg | Fiber: 1.99g | Sugar: 2.8g | Vitamin A: 2534.2IU | Vitamin C: 11.28mg | Calcium: 52.67mg | Iron: 2.7mg