Italian Sausage Ravioli
This Italian Sausage Ravioli is savory, creamy, & full of flavor. If you like delicious ravioli with tomatoes & mushrooms, you'll love this!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups puréed San Marzano tomatoes canned
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 18 oz sausage ravioli
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 3 basil leaves chopped
In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then bring the heat to medium-high heat.
Add in 1 cup of finely chopped yellow onion and 2 minced garlic cloves. Stir until the onion becomes translucent.
Then add 8 oz of sliced baby Bella mushrooms and stir until they become tender (about 2-3 minutes).
Then pour in 2 cups puréed San Marzano tomatoes and 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Let the sauce simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes with stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, cook 18 oz of sausage ravioli in a pot of salted boiling water. Cook al dente.
Now remove the sauce from the heat and stir in 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Then season with salt (to taste).
Lastly, stir in the cooked sausage ravioli and garnish with 3 chopped basil leaves. Serve warm.
Add-ins and Substitutes
- Add other vegetables- If you prefer spinach, olives, peppers, or capers in your sauce, then you can add them or sub them for the mushrooms.
- Make it meatier- Even though there's already Italian sausage in the ravioli, you can still saute some more sausage or even small meatballs to serve alongside this for an extra meaty meal.
- Try another kind of ravioli- This creamy tomato-mushroom sauce is flavorful enough that it can shine up any type of ravioli, like cheese or spinach or whatever you have on hand.
- Lighten it up. If you want a slightly lighter version, substitute regular or fat-free Half & Half. It has a similar viscosity, but not as heavy as the whipping cream.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1101IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 2mg