Creamy Tortellini Alfredo
This Creamy Tortellini Alfredo is thick, cheesy, and with a touch of heat. You'll love the smooth texture and delicious flavors of this easy recipe.
- 18 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
Fill a stockpot with water and let it come to a boil. Then generously salt it and add 18-20 ounces of cheese tortellini. Cook for about 3 minute In the meantime, melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Then stir in 1 ounce of cream cheese using a whisk.
Once the cream cheese is melted, add 2 minced garlic cloves. Stir for about 15 seconds.
Then pour in 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Let the cream come to a simmer, then remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan.
Season with salt and paper to taste. Lastly, add in 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Substitutions and Add-ins
- Add some meat- Sausage, shrimp, meatballs, or bacon would add great savory flavors to this tortellini alfredo.
- Try flavored cream cheese- Go one step further by substituting chive & onion, garden vegetables, or spicy jalapeno cream cheese for the plain version here.
- Add extra flavor with toppings- Top your plates with some roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, fried onions, or extra Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Add vegetables- Spinach, broccoli, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms would all be delicious choices.
- Make it lighter- For a slightly lighter version that still has a creamy texture, substitute Half & Half (regular or fat-free) for the heavy cream.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 556IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 318mg | Iron: 2mg