How to make easy chicken fajitas
- Place the sliced chicken breast and fajita seasoning into a bowl and mix to combine the ingredients.
- In a cast iron pan, heat olive oil over high heat and cook the seasoned chicken until fully cooked. Then remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Now add the sliced onion to the same skillet and saute the onion until tender. Then toss in the sliced bell peppers and corn (optional).
- Place the cooked chicken back into the cast iron pan and cook with the bell peppers and onions for another 2-3 minutes.
Ingredients for the best fajitas
- fajita seasoning
- chicken breast
- olive oil
- green and red bell pepper
- white onion
- corn (optional)
What to serve with fajitas?
You can serve these easy chicken fajitas with just about any Mexican side dish or condiments. Here are some ideas.
Slow cooker chicken fajitas
This chicken fajita recipe can easily be made in the slow cooker. Just toss all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken, cut it up into strips and place it back into the slow cooker.
Oven baked chicken fajitas
If you prefer to bake chicken fajitas, this recipe will work just as well with the baking method. Slice the chicken, bell peppers, and onion into strips. Now place them on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and fajita seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Or until the chicken is cooked through.
Watch how to make these easy fajitas
Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package fajita mix
- 1 1/2 lb chicken
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium onion
- Slice the bell peppers and onion and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and place in a bowl. Add the fajita seasoning into the chicken and stir to combine.
- In a large cast iron, heat olive oil over high heat and cook the chicken strips until fully cooked. (About 6-8 minutes)
- Remove the chicken from the cast iron and set aside. Then add in the sliced onions. Cook the onions until they become translucent.
- Add in the bell peppers and cook them for about 4 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken back into the cast iron and cook with the bell peppers and onions for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken and bell peppers into a flour tortilla and serve with sour cream.
This recipe was originally published on Apr 6, 2015, it has been updated since.