How to make easy chicken fajitas
- Place the sliced chicken breast and fajita seasoning into a bowl and mix to combine the ingredients.
- In a cast iron pan, heat olive oil over high heat and cook the seasoned chicken until fully cooked. Then remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Now add the sliced onion to the same skillet and saute the onion until tender. Then toss in the sliced bell peppers and corn (optional).
- Place the cooked chicken back into the cast iron pan and cook with the bell peppers and onions for another 2-3 minutes.
Ingredients for the best fajitas
- fajita seasoning
- chicken breast
- olive oil
- green and red bell pepper
- white onion
- corn (optional)
What to serve with fajitas?
You can serve these easy chicken fajitas with just about any Mexican side dish or condiments. Here are some ideas.
Slow cooker chicken fajitas
This chicken fajita recipe can easily be made in the slow cooker. Just toss all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken, cut it up into strips and place it back into the slow cooker.
Oven baked chicken fajitas
If you prefer to bake chicken fajitas, this recipe will work just as well with the baking method. Slice the chicken, bell peppers, and onion into strips. Now place them on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and fajita seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Or until the chicken is cooked through.
Watch how to make these easy fajitas
Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Slice 1 1/2 lb chicken breast or thighs into strips and place in a bowl. Add 1 packet of fajita seasoning to the chicken and stir to combine.
- In a large cast iron pan, heat 4 Tbsp olive oil over high heat and cook the chicken strips until fully cooked. (About 6-8 minutes)
- Remove the chicken from the cast iron and set it aside. Then add in 1/2 sliced onions. Cook the onions until they become translucent.
- Add in 1 sliced green bell pepper and 1 sliced red pepper and cook them for about 4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the peppers. You want them to be tender and crisp. Now, stir in 1 cup of frozen sweet corn (not pictured) this is optional.
- Place the cooked chicken back into the pan and cook with the bell peppers and onions for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken and bell peppers into a flour tortilla and serve with sour cream.
This recipe was originally published on Apr 6, 2015, it has been updated since.