These Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes make a delicious side to add to your meals. Simply seasoned and cooked to perfection, these potatoes are tasty, versatile, and easy to make in an air fryer.
Crispy air fryer roasted potatoes
Potatoes are the perfect side to any meal, and this Crispy Air Fryer Potato recipe is the best. Crispy on the outside with a soft inside, and just the right amount of seasoning, makes these roasted potatoes so delicious. Air frying them saves a lot of time and gives them a great texture. We use this Gormia air fryer, which is our favorite because it’s affordable and gets the job done. Besides crispy baby potatoes, you can make your entire meal in an air fryer, including air fryer shrimp, air fryer chicken wings, or some vegetables like air fryer asparagus, air fryer baked potatoes, and air fryer french fries. With less oil and lots of crisping, air frying is a great healthy alternative.
Ingredients needed to make these crispy potatoes
These Air Fryer Baby Potatoes need only a few simple ingredients. You’ll need some Mini gold potatoes, some Avocado oil, and for seasoning, you’ll be using Paprika, Garlic powder, Salt, and Pepper. That’s it!
This potato recipe is versatile, so you can play around with the flavors. Here are a few variations to try:
- Spicy- add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- Savory- add onion powder and use bacon fat instead of oil (top with bacon before serving)
- Tangy- add onion powder and serve your potatoes with chopped chives and sour cream
How to make air fryer roasted potatoes
- Prep the potatoes. Wash and scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are as dry as possible so they cook up crispy.
- Season them. Place the potatoes in a bowl with the avocado oil, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss everything together until the potatoes are well-coated.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then when it is hot enough, add your seasoned potatoes. Cook them for 10 minutes. Give them a toss and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve.
How long do potatoes cook in an air fryer?
These crispy baby potatoes only need to cook for about 20 minutes in an air fryer. With a quick toss midway through to make sure everything cooks evenly, you’ll end up with the perfect crispy-skinned potatoes.
Tips to make these baby potatoes extra crispy
- Get rid of extra water- Make sure you dab the potatoes with a paper towel before oiling and seasoning them to make sure they are nice and dry, to better their chances of crisping in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer- Preheating ensures that when the potatoes are put in the air fryer, it is hot enough to crisp the outsides and not make the skin soggy.
- Use a little extra oil- Oil is the magic ingredient when making extra crispy air fryer potatoes. Add a little bit more for some super crispy results.
Our favorite things to serve with these air fryer potatoes
- Air fryer salmon
- Air fryer zucchini fries
- Crispy air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer broccoli
- Juicy Air fryer steak bites
Full Recipe Instructions
Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Wash and scrub your potatoes, then pay them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are as dry as possible. The extra moisture will make the potatoes soggy and lose their crispness.
- Preheat your basket air fryer to 400 degrees then add your seasoned potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Give it a quick toss and cook for another 10 minutes.