These Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes make a delicious side to add to your meals. Simply seasoned and cooked to perfection, these potatoes are tasty, versatile, and easy to make in an air fryer.
Table Of Contents
Potatoes are the perfect side to any meal, and this Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes recipe is the best. I love that I can pair it with anything and it always tastes delicious.
- TASTE: Sweet and creamy potatoes with just the right amount of seasoning makes this dish really tasty. The paprika and garlic flavors really set it off.
- TEXTURE: Crispy on the outside with a soft inside, these potatoes are so good. Air frying them gives them a great texture.
- TIME: These take 25 minutes to make.
- EASE: This recipe is beyond simple. It’s fast and easy to make your baby potatoes with an air fryer, and I’ll show you how.
What You’ll Need
- Potatoes- I used mini gold potatoes because they are just the right size and have a buttery flavor.
- Oil- Any oil works here, such as avocado oil or olive oil, to help adhere the seasonings and crisp up the potatoes.
- Seasonings- We’ll be using Salt, Black pepper, Paprika, and Garlic powder to add extra flavor to these potatoes.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Add some heat- Add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to make them spicy.
- Make them savory- Add onion powder and use bacon fat instead of oil, then top them with bacon and Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Substitute other potatoes- You can also make this with regular Yukon gold potatoes, red potatoes, or even sweet potatoes.
- Give them some tangy flavor- Add onion powder and serve your potatoes with chopped chives and sour cream.
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Prep the potatoes. Wash and scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are as dry as possible so they cook up crispy.
- Season them. Place the potatoes in a bowl with the avocado oil, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss everything together until the potatoes are well-coated.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then when it is hot enough, add your seasoned potatoes to the air fryer basket. Cook them for 10 minutes. Give them a toss and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve garnished with chives or parsley.
Pro Tip: Preheat the air fryer before adding the potatoes. This keeps them from steaming and gives them that great crispy outer skin.
- Get rid of extra water- Make sure you dab the potatoes with a paper towel before oiling and seasoning them to make sure they are nice and dry, to better their chances of crisping in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer- Preheating ensures that when the potatoes are put in the air fryer, it is hot enough to crisp the outsides and not make the skin soggy.
- Pre-mix the seasonings- Make sure you mix them together in a separate small bowl before adding them, so the potatoes get an even covering of each flavor.
- Use a little extra oil- Oil is the magic ingredient when making extra crispy air fryer potatoes. Add a little bit more for some super crispy results.
These crispy baby potatoes only need to cook for about 20 minutes in an air fryer. With a quick toss midway through to make sure everything cooks evenly, you’ll end up with the perfect crispy-skinned potatoes.
If your potatoes are not getting crispy, it may be that the air fryer was not preheated before you added them. The other culprit could be that they are too starchy. In that case, soak the potatoes for 10-20 minutes and then dry them thoroughly. This gets rid of excess starch before you air fry them.
This Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potato recipe is so versatile, it works with everything. Serve it with meat, seafood, vegetables, and salads.
- Meats: Serve them with Juicy Air Fryer Steak Bites, Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Pork Chops (VIDEO), or Braised Beef Short Ribs (VIDEO).
- Seafood: Enjoy these potatoes with Air Fryer Shrimp, Pesto Salmon, Easy Baked Cod with Vegetables (cod en papillote), or Crab Salad (VIDEO).
- Vegetables: Serve them alongside Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Sauteed Garlic Asparagus, or Air Fryer Zucchini.
- Salads: Pair these Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes with Antipasto Salad, Spinach Salad, Cucumber Radish Salad, or Caprese Salad.
Make This Recipe in Advance
Make ahead: You can easily make these potatoes and store them to be reheated later, so they are an easy make ahead side dish.
Storing: Store these Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes once cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat them in the microwave or in the air fryer.
Freeze: You can also freeze these air fryer potatoes once they have cooled. Place them in an airtight container or freezer ziplock bag and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or just reheat them directly in the air fryer.
More Tasty Air Fryer Dishes!
Full Recipe Instructions
Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Wash and scrub your potatoes, then pay them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are as dry as possible. The extra moisture will make the potatoes soggy and lose their crispness.
- Preheat your basket air fryer to 400 degrees then add your seasoned potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Give it a quick toss and cook for another 10 minutes.