This simple Spinach salad is loaded with crisp spinach, creamy avocado, and juicy cherry tomatoes and its tossed in an incredible Greek salad dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What to put in this spinach salad
What I love most about this type of salad is how mild spinach is. You can customize it to almost anyone’s tastebuds. Here are a few basic ingredients that would go well in this salad:
- cheeses: feta cheese, blue cheese, and parmesan
- fruit: strawberries, blueberries, and citrus fruit like orange and grapefruit.
- toasted nuts and seeds: sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, walnuts, and even candied pecans
How to make Spinach salad
- Always have your ingredients prepped and chopped ahead of time so you can toss them into your salad bowl all together right away.
- Now drizzle on your favorite dressing whether it be homemade or storebought and toss it all together.
Great dressings for any salad
Everyone knows that a good salad becomes a great salad with the right dressing. Most people have their preferred dressing, whether healthy or creamy. Here are some of my favorite go-to dressings.
Spinach salad tips and FAQs
Can you freeze spinach for a salad
Is this salad healthy
Yes! This salad is not just flavourful but full of lots of nutrition. Spinach alone is practically a superfood since its high in vitamin A, C, fiber, and iron. The avocado is also high and fiber, minerals, and heart-healthy fats.
More healthy spinach salads
How to cook quinoa for salad
- Before you cook your quinoa always make sure to rinse it, do NOT skip this step. Rinse it through a fine-mesh sieve until the water drains clear.
- Add 1 cup of rinsed quinoa to a pot and pour in 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Bring the heat down to medium-low and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the water is cooked out. Make sure the quinoa is cooled before you add it to your salad.
What to serve with spinach salad
Depending on what your salad recipe consists of can determine what you would want to serve with it. This salad recipe happens to be vegetarian (even vegan). So if you want a more filling meal here are a few great meat dishes to serve with this salad.
- Paleo chicken casserole– Also whole 30 approved and bursting with so much flavor
- Braised beef– the meat slow-cooked in a delicious wine sauce that will complete this meal perfectly.
- Baked lemon chicken– only a few simple ingredients in these juicy paleo/ whole 30 drumsticks.
- Paleo chicken zucchini fritters– gluten-free- just chicken, zucchini, spices, garlic, and egg, that’s it!
Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup avocado
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 8 cups baby spinach
- greek salad dressing to taste
- Begin making your quinoa salad by chopping up your cherry tomatoes into halves, then cut the avocado into chunks. You'll also want to slice up the red onion and yellow peppers into small julienned cuts.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, avocado, yellow bell peppers, dried cherries, red onion, and baby spinach.
- Now drizzle the Greek salad dressing over the entire quinoa salad and give it a good toss. Or you can plate a desired about of the salad separately ad pour as much dressing as you like per your liking.