This creamy Lobster Ravioli Sauce is so rich and flavorful. Made with fresh spinach and Parmesan cheese in a cream sauce, you’ll love the flavors and textures of this pasta dish.
If you’re looking for other delicious pasta recipes, check out this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta and this Cajun shrimp pasta.
Table Of Contents
This Lobster Ravioli is so delicious. I love breaking out this easy yet elegant recipe to wow family and friends.
- TASTE: The ravioli is cooked in a cream sauce made with garlic and Parmesan cheese, making it so flavorful. The earthy taste of the spinach is the perfect complement.
- TEXTURE: This dish is full of tender ravioli in a smooth, creamy sauce.
- TIME: It takes less than half an hour to make, so even on busy days, you can put together a tasty meal in minutes.
- EASE: It’s quick and simple, with step-by-step directions and pre-made ravioli to save time.
What You’ll Need
- Lobster ravioli- We use pre-made ravioli filled with lobster meat and cheese in this recipe because it’s much easier than homemade. You can find it in the freezer section of most major grocery stores, including Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.
- White wine- A light flavored or buttery wine is best for this dish, like a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio.
- Spinach- Fresh is best, both for the texture and color. But you can use a thawed frozen spinach if that’s what you have. Drain it thoroughly to avoid watering down the sauce.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Substitute a different pasta- This delicious cream sauce can be used with any ravioli you have, including cheese, seafood, or meat ravioli. Or try it with another type of pasta entirely.
- Leave out the wine- If you don’t want to cook with alcohol, you can substitute equal amounts of water with a splash of lemon juice or chicken broth.
- Add red pepper flakes- If you like a little heat, add some red pepper flakes to the sauce. Start with just a little though, and add to preference.
- Make it dairy-free- There are plant-based cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter in most stores that can be used as a substitute. You can also find dairy-free ravioli, like Kite Hill brand, in stores.
How to Make Lobster Ravioli
- Saute the garlic. Over medium heat, saute the minced garlic in butter and olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the white wine. Raise the heat to high and add the white wine, allowing it to cook for a minute or two.
Pro Tip: As the white wine cooks, the alcohol burns off leaving behind the tangy, buttery notes of the wine.
- Add the heavy cream. Then add the heavy cream and allow the sauce to come to a simmer.
- Add the spinach. Now add in the spinach, salt, and pepper and stir. Allow the spinach to cook until it wilts, which will take about 3 minutes. Then let the sauce come to a simmer again.
- Boil the ravioli. While the sauce is simmering, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling water with a good amount of salt, which will give it more flavor.
- Add the ravioli and Parmesan to the sauce. Take the pan off the heat and add in the cooked ravioli and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted and then serve hot.
- Use pre-made lobster ravioli- The amount of time, space, ingredients, and equipment needed to make them is so much more than if you use frozen ravioli, which has great flavor and texture.
- Cook the garlic first- Sauteing the garlic takes away the bitterness and softens the otherwise strong, pungent flavor to a milder, aromatic one.
- Add the spinach near the end- Spinach loses its vibrant color the more it cooks. It can also become slimy over time, so add it later for the best look and taste.
- Salt the pasta water- Doing this infuses the pasta with a little salty flavor much more effectively than adding it afterward.
Lobster ravioli tastes delicious with breads, salads, soup, and vegetables. Fresh Focaccia Bread and Antipasto Salad are great choices to start. Serve some Garlic Asparagus, roasted beets, zucchini, or Chicken Gnocchi Soup with it.
Creamy white sauces enhance the flavor of lobster ravioli best. The tang of the white wine with the richness of the cream makes this sauce the perfect choice for delicious Lobster Ravioli.
Lobster Ravioli is a versatile dish that tastes great with everything. Here are some delicious ways to enjoy it.
- Bread: Serve it with some toasted Focaccia Bread or Rustic Bread, and some Herbed Bread Dipping Oil, too.
- Salad: Start your meal with Antipasto Salad, Spinach Salad, Caprese Salad, or Cabbage Cucumber Salad.
- Soups: Serve it with a bowl of Tortellini Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, or Clam Chowder Soup.
- Vegetables: Pair the Lobster Ravioli with Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Garlic Asparagus, Crispy Broccoli, or Roasted Air Fryer Vegetables.
Make This Recipe in Advance
Make ahead: You can make the cream sauce ahead of time and then allow it to cool, storing it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat it on the stove in a skillet and whisk it over medium-high heat until it is at the right consistency. Then add it to the cooked ravioli and serve.
Storing: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Freeze: Creamy sauces don’t freeze well, so only make as much Lobster Ravioli as you can use in 5 days.
Watch Video Recipe Here
More Tasty Pasta Dishes!
Full Recipe Instructions
- 18 oz lobster ravioli
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a frying pan sauté the minced garlic with the butter and olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the white wine. Let it cook out for about a minute or two.
- Then add the heavy cream and let it come to a simmer.
- Now add the spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir the spinach until it is wilted (about 3 minutes). Then let the sauce come to a simmer once more.￼
- Meanwhile, cook the lobster ravioli in a pot of salted water. Make sure there is a good amount of salt. This will give it more flavor. ￼
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese along with the cooked lobster ravioli. ￼
- Stir until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
- Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe (VIDEO) - June 7, 2023
- Tropical Smoothie - June 5, 2023
- Cherry Cobbler - June 3, 2023
Darren Fortner says
We really loved this though we didn’t have any spinach to add to it. I did find that I had to add more garlic but that is probably a personnal prefrence. Very tasty!
Hi Darren 🙂 Thank you for your feedback. Very happy to hear you enjoyed my lobster ravioli recipe! Recipes can always be adjusted to any preference. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! 🙂