This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is so deliciously flavored. Garlicky and cheesy, it’s easy to make and takes only 30 minutes.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta 30-minute dinner
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta looks as good as it tastes. And it only takes half an hour to make! This dish is perfect when you want to make something yummy, but don’t have a lot of time. The flavors come together so well, you’ll love the way the garlic, Parmesan, spinach, and sweet-tart sun-dried tomatoes taste. With a creamy sauce, penne pasta, and chicken, this Tuscan pasta is going to become a family favorite. And it’s even better when you pair it with a tasty spinach salad and some buttery bread and dipping oil.
What will I need to make the 30-minute pasta dish?
Meat: Boneless skinless chicken tenders
Vegetables: Fresh spinach, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes
Pasta type: Penne pasta
Sauce ingredients: Unsalted butter, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Cook the chicken. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil into a cast iron pan and cook the chicken over medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Cube the chicken. Once the chicken is cool, cut it into cubes.
- Make the sauce. Saute the butter, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach in a pan over medium heat. Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add the cream. Pour in the heavy cream, stir, and then let it come to a simmer.
- Add the seasonings and cheese. Remove the sauce from the heat and add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Add the chicken and pasta. Add the chicken cubes and cooked penne pasta, and give a final stir. Serve with some delicious bread on the side.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it ahead. Just follow the directions to make the chicken and sauce, and then store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container until you are almost ready to serve the dish. Then, reheat them and add freshly cooked pasta in when you are ready to serve.
Can I use chicken breasts instead?
Yes, you can. Slice the chicken breasts into cutlets before cooking them. This allows the meat to cook faster and also increases the surface area, so more of the chicken gets that crisp, golden brown outside.
Can I omit the spinach?
How to make the Tuscan chicken pasta lighter
If you’d like a lighter cream sauce, then you could substitute Half & Half for the heavy cream. This will keep the sauce creamy, but slightly less rich.
Does it freeze well?
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta does freeze well, making it a great make-ahead meal. Just place the fully cooled pasta dish in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag and it will keep in the freezer for about 6 months. To reheat it, just place it in the refrigerator overnight or in a bowl of water for about 20 minutes to thaw. Then, you can either microwave it or heat it on the stovetop.
Watch how to make this chicken pasta
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Seasong and cook the chicken
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Fill a large cast-iron skillet with the olive oil and cook both sides of the seasoned tenders over medium-high heat.
Chop the chicken adn set aside
- Now set them aside to cool, then dice them up into cubes.
Make the creamy Tuscan sauce
Add chicken and pasta in the sauce
- Then add your cooked hot penne pasta and cubes chicken back in. Give it a quick stir and serve.