These Air fryer Asparagus are a healthy side that will go great with your favorite dishes. With simple seasonings and a little garlic, they’re tasty and easy to make.
Table Of Contents
Air fryer Asparagus Recipe Details
I love this recipe because asparagus is a delicious vegetable that instantly classes up any meal. And this air fryer recipe is fast and easy!
- TASTE: Fresh garlic, salt, and pepper add just the right amount of flavor to these tender asparagus spears.
- TEXTURE: Air fryer Asparagus is perfect because you get the crispy outsides from frying but without any of the grease or sogginess from oil frying. The tender insides are delicious.
- TIME: This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make!
- EASE: With some simple seasonings, this asparagus makes a quick and easy side for whatever meal you’re cooking.
What You’ll Need
How to Make Air fryer Asparagus
- Trim the asparagus spears. Cut off about 1-2 inches from the bottoms of each asparagus spear.
- Add the oil. Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle the avocado oil over them.
- Mix in the garlic. Add the pressed garlic and then mix until the asparagus is coated.
- Add the seasonings. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the asparagus and toss until each spear is coated.
- Air Fry them. Place the seasoned asparagus spears in the air fryer basket and cook on high (450 degrees Fahrenheit) for 7 minutes.
Pro Tip: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer pan. Try to keep the asparagus to one layer so they get adequate circulation of hot air, and crisp on the outside.
- Choose the best asparagus- When purchasing the asparagus, look for spears that are plump and firm with tightly closed tips. Their color should not be faded.
- Trim the asparagus- Trim off the whitish bottoms of the asparagus spears because they tend to be too chewy and not as tender as the rest of the spear.
- Use fresh garlic- This is a very flavorful ingredient and it tastes even more so when pressed fresh before air frying.
- Cover the spears with oil- Covering the asparagus spears fully with a layer of oil will help the seasonings stick and help the asparagus to crisp.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Add Parmesan cheese and lemon- This adds a nice salty, nutty flavor, with a hint of citrus.
- Substitute balsamic vinegar- Instead of garlic, add balsamic vinegar. Its sweet acidity complements the asparagus’ natural flavor.
- Make it sweet and savory- Add soy sauce and maple syrup to the Air Fryer Asparaus to give a strong salty and sweet flavor to this dish.
- Add red pepper- For some added spiciness, add red pepper flakes. You can also toss the asparagus in hot sauce or Sriracha for even more heat.
The whitish ends of the asparagus spears tend to be woody and tough, so they taste best when trimmed. You can either use a knife to cut off the bottoms or snap them off with your hands. Take off about 1-2 inches for best results.
If you are roasting your asparagus in an oven, it takes about 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. But if you are cooking them in an air fryer, the asparagus only takes 7 minutes on high. Because of the air circulation in the fryer, the asparagus cook much faster.
Air Fryer Asparagus is a quick and easy dish that works with everything. Here are some yummy ways to serve it.
- Meats: Serve this Air Fryer Asparagus with Cast Iron Ribeye Steak, Garlic Butter Steak Bites, Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops (VIDEO), and Baked Chicken Drumsticks.
- Potatoes: This dish pairs well with Scalloped Potatoes, Potato Pierogis (VIDEO), Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potato Wedges, and Super Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
- Grains: Add this asparagus on top or chopped into dishes like Quinoa Fried Rice, Garlicky Israeli Couscous, and Brown Rice Jambalaya with Chicken and Shrimp.
- Pastas: Add it to your favorite pasta dishes, such as Easy Pasta Primavera, Pasta Pomodoro, Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic, or Shrimp Linguine.
Make This Air fryer Asparagus in Advance
Make ahead: This Air Fryer Asparagus tastes best fresh, but you can prepare it ahead of time and then reheat it in the air fryer for about 3 minutes to keep the outsides crisp.
Storing: Leftover Air Fryer Asparagus will last for about 3-5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. After that, it can become soggy, so try to eat it within a few days.
Freeze: The asparagus can be frozen in an airtight container or in a freezer ziplock bag. It will last for up to 6 months. You can put it directly into the air fryer from the freezer to reheat.
More Delicious Air Fryer Dishes!
Full Recipe Instructions
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Start by snapping off￼ the end of each asparagus spare. The ends tend to be quite chewy so you want to get rid of them. You want to remove￼ about 1 to 2 inches from the bottom.
- Now place the trimmed asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil. Then mix in the pressed or grated garlic clove. ￼￼
- Now season with salt and pepper and toss them until they are well coated in the seasoning.￼
- Place the seasoned asparagus on the air fryer basket and cook on high (450 degrees) for 7 minutes.