These Perfect Air Fryer Asparagus are a healthy side that will go great with your favorite dishes. With simple seasonings and a little garlic, this asparagus is tasty and easy to make.
Perfect air fryer asparagus
Asparagus is a delicious vegetable that instantly classes up any meal. With a tight outer stalk and juicy inside, this vegetable tastes best when it’s cooked just right. Air fryer asparagus is perfect because you get the crispy outsides from frying but without any of the grease or sogginess from oil frying. With some simple seasonings, this asparagus makes a quick and easy side for whatever meal you’re cooking.
Best way to season asparagus
Asparagus spears have great texture and flavor, so you don’t have to add much to make them amazing. This recipe uses some avocado oil to help the seasonings stick to the asparagus during the cooking process and also increase crispiness. Some pressed garlic clove adds a delicious pungent flavor, with salt and ground black pepper enhancing it.
How to make asparagus in the air fryer
- Trim the asparagus spears. Cut off about 1-2 inches from the bottoms of each asparagus spear (they tend to be too chewy)
- Add the oil. Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle the avocado oil over them.
- Mix in the garlic. Add the pressed garlic and then mix until the asparagus is coated.
- Add the seasonings. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the asparagus and toss until each spear is coated.
- Air Fry them. Place the seasoned asparagus spears in the air fryer basket and cook on high (450 degrees Fahrenheit) for 7 minutes.
How to trim asparagus spears
The whitish ends of the asparagus spears tend to be woody and tough, so they taste best when trimmed. You can either use a knife to cut off the bottoms or snap them off with your hands. Take off about 1-2 inches for best results.
How long does it take to roast asparagus
If you are roasting your asparagus in an oven, it takes about 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. But if you are cooking them in an air fryer, the asparagus only takes 7 minutes on high. Because of the air circulation in the fryer, the asparagus cook much faster.
- Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon- This adds a nice salty, pungent flavor, with a hint of citrus.
- Balsamic vinegar, olive oil- The sweet acidity of the vinegar complements the asparagus and oil.
- Soy sauce, maple syrup- Savory, sweet, and salty.
- Red pepper, olive oil- For some added spiciness to your asparagus.
How long does it keep?
Your cooked asparagus will last for about 3-5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. After that, it becomes soggy and not good. If you find you have more than you need, consider repurposing it into dishes like quiche lorraine or pepper steak stir fry.
What goes well with asparagus?
- Cast Iron Ribeye Steak– This steak has a delicious crust on the outside and is juicy on the inside.
- Chicken Breast and Potatoes– Juicy chicken with perfectly roasted potatoes.
- Roasted Chicken– This chicken is roasted to perfection, with delicious skin and juicy meat.
How to reheat it
To reheat your asparagus, put it back in the air fryer for about 3 minutes. Reheating it in this way will allow it to stay crisp and delicious the second time around.
Perfect Air Fryer Asparagus
- Start by snapping off￼ the end of each asparagus spare. The ends tend to be quite chewy so you want to get rid of them. You want to remove￼ about 1 to 2 inches from the bottom.
- ￼￼￼ Now place the trimmed asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil. Then mix in the pressed or grated garlic clove. ￼￼
- Now season with salt and pepper and toss them until they are well coated in the seasoning.￼
- Place the seasoned asparagus on the air fryer basket and cook on high (450 degrees) for￼ 7 minutes.
- Cast Iron Ribeye Steak- This steak has a delicious crust on the outside and is juicy on the inside.
- Chicken Breast and Potatoes- Juicy chicken with perfectly roasted potatoes.
- Roasted Chicken- This chicken is roasted to perfection, with delicious skin and juicy meat.