These Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Thighs are juicy and so tasty. Made with 5 simple ingredients, you’ll love their savory flavor with just a hint of spice.
Air fryer chipotle chicken thighs
Air fryer chipotle chicken thighs are a simple, yet delicious, recipe that you can make with just a few basic ingredients. Marinated with garlic and chipotle peppers, these chicken thighs are super moist. The air fryer cooks them quickly, leaving them with a flavorful outer layer and juicy insides. Serve them over a bed of wild brown rice or alongside some air fryer french fries and air fryer broccoli and you have a quick and easy weeknight meal.
5 simple ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Garlic cloves
- Avocado oil
How to cook chicken thighs in the air fryer
- Make marinade. In a large bowl, combine the chipotle peppers, avocado oil, salt, and garlic. Stir.
- Marinate the chicken. Place the chicken thighs in the marinade and stir it until the chicken is well-coated. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Cook. Place the chicken thighs on the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit, then turn and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Serve. You can serve these chipotle chicken thighs with some air fryer asparagus or zucchini fries to make a meal of it.
Best air fryer for chicken
The best type of air fryer when cooking chicken in the oven style air fryer. This type has more room and makes it easier for air to circulate, cooking the meat thoroughly. Basket air fryers are smaller and it is more difficult to fit larger pieces of meat like these thighs because they don’t have the double racks that the oven-style does.
What to serve it with
- Go low carb with a side of crispy air fryer bacon and some delicious broccoli
- Serve it alongside some potatoes, like these Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Top some Brown Rice Jambalaya with these juicy chicken thighs for a satisfying meal
How long will it keep?
These air fryer chipotle chicken thighs will keep in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Can I freeze it?
Yes, you absolutely can freeze these chicken thighs. Just place them in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag once cooled. They can keep in the freezer for about 4 months.
What to do with leftover chicken?
Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- In a bowl add the chicken thighs, chipotle peppers, avocado oil, garlic, and salt.
- Give it a good mix and let it marinate for about 3 hours or overnight. ￼
- Place chipotle marinated chicken on your air fryer basket and bake at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes on each side.