These Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are so simple and quick to make. You don’t need any sort of culinary skills to get this one right!
This recipe was originally posted April 10, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
For an easy meal that everyone loves, this cheesy chicken enchiladas dish is a favorite. You can cook the chicken yourself, or use a rotisserie chicken as a great beginning to lessen your time spent in the kitchen. This recipe is a great option served alongside a salad, some roasted vegetables, or the classic beans and rice dishes.
Ingredients for Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Mexican Cheese Blend
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Begin by reading through the printable recipe below. Start with a large skillet to cook onion and garlic before combining with flour and broth to make a creamy sauce. You will add in the rest of the ingredients except for the tortillas to build the mixture you will then roll into the tortillas before baking. Top with extra cheese and bake in a baking dish as directed.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
We’ve already shared our favorite chicken enchiladas with white sauce and chicken enchiladas with red sauce. You’ll also want to make our Mexican salsa recipe and the best steak taco recipe for your family. If you want something fuss-free, make our easy chicken fajitas. For a great dip to go along with tortilla chips, you can make this seven layer taco dip recipe. You might also want to serve this with a tortilla soup for a complete meal.
These Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are so simple and quick to make. You don't need any sort of culinary skills to get this one right!
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add flour and stir for about a minute, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Add cream cheese, shredded chicken, green chiles, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Reserve the other cup for topping.
- Scoop out a heaping 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture into a warmed tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place each wrapped enchilada into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.