This Delicious Flank Steak Taco Recipe is simple and packed full of vibrant flavors. Follow this step by step recipe to create irresistible steak tacos!
This recipe was originally posted August 16, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Flank Steak Taco Recipe
This grilled steak taco recipe not only looks fancy, but they’re actually quite simple and easy to make. The most important part of this recipe is obliviously the grilled steak, which requires minimal ingredients to marinate. You most likely have all the ingredients for the rub and marinade sitting at home right now. I like to load my tacos with a bunch of toppings. In the picture below I include what I put in my taco, but you are welcome to add or omit any of the toppings according to your liking. All the ingredients in this recipe can be found at your local Fred Meyer store.
Ingredients for Steak Taco Recipe
How to make Flank Steak Taco Recipe
Prepare the marinade for flank steak and coat as directed in the printable recipe below. Once the steak has marinated for the desired time, grille to preferred temperature before slicing and placing in warmed corn tortillas. Top with preferred toppings homemade Mexican salsa.
Fresh corn tortillas are the best carrier for this delicious recipe. Make sure to warm them on the grill alongside the steak for the best flavor.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
Tacos are always a hit, but there are so many amazing recipes out there full of delicious flavor. Below I have linked more of my Mexican inspired recipes for you to create and enjoy with your family.
- How to Make Chicken Enchiladas with Red Sauce
- Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce
- Seven Layer Taco Dip Recipe
- Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
Flank Steak Taco Recipe
- Combine chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Generously rub both sides of the flank steak with the mixed spices.
- Whisk together the pressed garlic, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Place the flank steak in a large bowl and pour the garlic and olive oil mixture over it. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Fire up the grill to high heat and cook the marinated steak to your liking (rare, medium rare, or medium well). Remove the steak from the grill and cover with foil for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the steak into thin strips and place it into the corn tortillas. Add any topping of your choice. I added homemade Mexican salsa, red onion, avocado, iceberg lettuce, sour cream, cilantro, and queso fresco.