This Mushroom Arugula Flatbread Pizza is so simple and delicious. Flavorful toppings with a crispy crust make this vegetarian flatbread the perfect way to satisfy your pizza craving.
Mushroom flatbread pizza
Everyone loves pizza, but few try making it at home because it seems too difficult. This amazing Mushroom flatbread pizza is going to change some minds. It’s so simple to make and tastes delicious. The crispy naan flatbread makes the perfect base for a delicious dressing, creamy ricotta and mozzarella cheese, and earthy mushrooms and arugula. If you want to make your own homemade pizza, then you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Flatbreads make enjoying homemade dishes so much easier. You should try our Easy Khachapuri Recipe (VIDEO) or Easy BLT Dip with some flatbread, too.
Here’s what you’ll need
Dressing- Ranch dressing, Garlic clove, and Greek yogurt
Toppings- Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Baby Bella mushrooms, and Arugula leaves
Crust- Naan flatbread
How to make mushroom arugula flatbread pizza
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, pressed garlic, and ranch dressing. Then spread it evenly across the naan flatbreads.
- Add the cheeses. Shred the mozzarella and distribute it evenly on the two flatbreads. Then dollop the ricotta cheese on top.
- Add the other toppings. On top of the flatbread pizzas, place sliced baby Bella mushrooms and fresh arugula.
- Bake. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
What is the difference between pizza dough and flatbread?
The main difference between pizza dough and flatbread is the yeast and rising of the dough. Flatbread has unleavened dough and does not rise, giving it a crusty, crumbly texture. Pizza dough is made with yeast and is allowed to rise, giving it a chewier texture.
Flavor add-ins and substitutions
- Substitute different toppings- If you prefer a different cheese, like goat cheese, or another vegetable, like bell peppers, you can easily add or substitute them on this mushroom flatbread.
- Add in meat- You can add meat to this vegetarian pizza if you prefer, such as diced chicken, pepperoni, or sausage.
- Substitute the dressing- If you prefer something more traditional, you can go with a marinara sauce or maybe barbecue.
Storage and shelf life
The best way to store this Mushroom Arugula Flatbread Pizza is by placing the leftover pieces in an airtight container or wrapping them in plastic wrap once cool. In the refrigerator, it will last for up to 3 days. In the freezer, it will stay fresh for up to 3 months in a ziplock freezer bag.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this flatbread pizza ahead of time. Once you have baked and cooled the mushroom flatbread, place it in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to serve it, just warm it up in the oven for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted.
Do you love quick vegetarian meals? Try these!
- Creamy tomato mushroom pasta
- Spaghetti with parmesan and zucchini
- Creamy mushroom soup
- Russet potato soup
Full Recipe Instructions
Mushroom Arugula Flatbread Pizza
- Make the dressing by combining 1/4 cup of ranch, 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, and 1 press garlic clove in a small bowl. ￼￼
- Spread the dressing amongst two naan flatbreads. ￼￼
- Now shred 1 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese and distribute it between the two flatbreads. Then dollop a quarter cup of ricotta cheese￼ on top as well.
- Lastly, add 4 ounces of sliced baby Bella mushrooms and 1 cup of fresh arugula on top. ￼
- Bake at 370 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. ￼￼