This warm Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is loaded with crispy bacon, white cheddar, avocado, and eggs. It is the ultimate breakfast sandwich recipe.
Table Of Contents
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Details
There is nothing more delicious than a Croissant Breakfast Sandwich in the morning – and they are so easy. I love how versatile this recipe is so you can personalize it with your favorite flavors.
- TASTE: The smoky bacon, mild cheddar, and buttery croissant come together with so much savory flavor.
- TEXTURE: You’ll love every bite of crisp bacon, creamy avocado, and flaky croissant.
- TIME: This recipe is straightforward and easy, so you can make it every day of the week if you wanted.
- EASE: This Croissant Breakfast Sandwich recipe will only take 10 minutes tops.
What You’ll Need
- Bacon- cooked
- White cheddar cheese– slices
- Salt & pepper– to taste
How to Make a Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Cook the eggs. Fry the eggs, seasoning them with salt and pepper.
- Toast the croissant. Slice the croissant and toast both halves in a toaster.
- Assemble the sandwich. Now begin assembling your croissant breakfast sandwich with the bottom toasted croissant first, then the white cheddar, bacon, eggs, and avocado, and topped with the other toasted croissant half. Enjoy!
- Don’t forget to toast the croissant- This step is not only tasty, but it adds some stability to the flaky croissant so it can better hold the delicious fillings you’ll be layering inside.
- Fry the eggs flat- Try to keep the eggs flat as they cook, especially with scrambled eggs. This will help with layering, and also ensure there aren’t big chunks of egg overbalancing your croissant breakfast sandwich.
- Cook the bacon first- The bacon will take longer than the eggs to cook, so do this first so the eggs and toasted croissant are not getting cold while you wait for the bacon to crisp.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Substitute different egg styles- Fry your eggs way whichever you like, such as sunny side up, over-easy, scrambled, etc. Find the taste and texture you like best.
- Add sauces- You can add ketchup, hot sauce, pesto, or an aioli to your Croissant Breakfast Sandwich.
- Use different meats and cheeses- I love this combo, but these sandwiches would also be fantastic with sausage patties, ham, pepperjack cheese, or gouda. The combinations are endless.
- Add vegetables- Add some more color and flavor with lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, or any other favorites.
Croissants are a French pastry made with butter, all-purpose flour, sugar, and yeast. A true croissant has a golden crust on the outside with many buttery, flaky layers on the inside.
As the bacon is cooking, the meat shrinks faster than the fat does, causing the fat to bunch up. The best way to limit this is by baking it with a sheet pan on top or flipping the bacon strips often while frying.
These Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches are great on their own or you can serve them with other breakfast classics. Here are a few tasty ideas:
- Pancakes: Try these Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes or Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes.
- Biscuits: Perfect Buttermilk Biscuits with Sausage Gravy go well on any breakfast table.
- Eggs: Eggs Benedict, Quiche Lorraine, and Bacon and Hash Brown Quiche are delicious.
- Crepes/Blintzes: Serve these sandwiches with some Blueberry Breakfast Crepes or Cheese Blintzes.
- Drinks: Enjoy a Iced Caramel Macchiato or Mandarin Banana Smoothie with your breakfast sandwich.
Make This Croissant Breakfast Sandwich in Advance
Make ahead: You can prepare these Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches the night before and then warm them in the morning. Or just prep the ingredients ahead of time, and when you are ready, fry the eggs and assemble since this recipe is so quick.
Storing: Store these sandwiches wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Wrap the sandwiches first in foil, then in plastic wrap, or place them in a freezer ziplock bag, and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw them overnight before heating in the microwave or oven.
More Tasty Breakfast Dishes!
- Breakfast Sandwich
- Almond Croissant
- Easy Poached Eggs with Caramelized Onions
- Chocolate Nutella Croissant
- Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
Full Recipe Instructions
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 croissants toasted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Avocado
- 4 bacon slices cooked
- 2 slices Tilamook White cheddar
- Salt & pepper
- Fry the eggs in hot oil according to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice each croissant in half and toast on lowest heat. Add 1 slice of white cheddar on each bottom croissant half.
- Add the bacon, eggs, and avocado on top of the cheese. Then place the top half on top.
- How to make this ahead of time
- What to serve this with
- Recipe tips and adjustments
This recipe was originally posted on Aug 19, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.