Easy to make Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes recipe! These delicious light and fluffy pancakes are easy to make and a perfect go-to pancake recipe.
If you love blueberries on your pancakes or even crepes, then you have to make this blueberry pie filling.
This recipe was originally posted on July 22, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
Homemade vs store bought pancake mix
No store-bought pancake mix can compare to homemade pancakes, especially when there are fresh local blueberries in them. The addition of ricotta cheese gives these Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes an irresistibly rich and fluffy texture. Making your own pancakes really doesn’t take much time at all, so go ahead and give this recipe a whirl!
Ingredients for ricotta pancakes
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Blueberries- fresh is always the best
- Ricotta cheese- you can use low fat or whole fat. I prefer whole fat because it gives a creamier and richer flavor.
How to make these Ricotta Pancakes
1. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, and ricotta cheese.
3. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients. Then stir in the fresh blueberries.
4. Heat a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat and cook the ricotta pancakes until golden brown on each side.
Can you freeze these pancakes
Yes. This recipe is perfect if you want delicious ricotta pancakes without the mess of making them. Once they are made and cooled down, then you can freeze them in gallon-sized ziplock bags.
How to reheat frozen pancakes
You can reheat these pancakes by placing them on a baking sheet and warming them in the oven on a low temperature or the warm-proof setting. Or you can always just microwave them as a faster option.
Blueberry Ricotta PancakesPrint Pin Rate
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, and ricotta cheese.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients. Then stir in the fresh blueberries.
- Heat a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat and cook the pancakes until golden brown on each side.