Simple yet perfect Chantilly Cream! This recipe is an essential part of every sweet tooth’s kitchen. A perfect whipped topping to almost any dessert.
If you love the taste of this chantilly cream with fresh berries, you will definitely love my decadent Berry Chantilly cake recipe.
Ingredients for Chantilly Cream
- Heavy whipping cream– Make sure to use the 36% or full-fat heavy cream. You want to make sure that your cream is cold as well.
- Powdered sugar– This is where you get the added sweetness. Make sure not to use granulated sugar here. You want to use a very fine sweetener for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract– This adds extra flavor to your chantilly cream.
What is Chantilly Cream (Creme Chantilly)
Chantilly cream is basically like whipped cream, but way better! There is added sweetness and extra flavor from the vanilla extract. This cream is an essential and versatile recipe that everyone in a kitchen should know. It can go on cakes, cupcakes, any pastry, and goes great with fruit.
How to make Chantilly Cream
- Make sure that you use a big enough bowl when mixing your heavy cream with a hand mixer. The heavy cream will basically double in size and you will get splatter from the mixer.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, you will first add 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream. Make sure to use the whisk attachment.
- Now add your powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Depending on how sweet you want your chantilly cream you can increase or decrease your sugar content. I use 2 tbsp but you can adjust to your tastebuds.
- Then you will begin whisking your cream. Start mixing on high speed until you get soft peaks form. Stop if you see stiff peaks form. If you start seeing a bunch of bubbles, don’t worry. You are on the right track and eventually, the bubbles will subside and your chantilly cream will start becoming thick and frothy.
- Don’t over mix– If you mix your cream too long it will eventually turn into butter.
How long will this cream stay fresh
If properly sealed, this chantilly cream can stay refrigerated for up to one week. However, the cream can become a little liquidy after a few days. You can easily fix that by re whipping it. Fresh is always the best. Since this recipe is easy to make you don’t have to sacrifice much time to make it.
Different variations of this cream
You can always add different flavoring into your chantilly cream. Depending on what you are using this cream for you can add some lemon, rum, butter, almond, coffee, caramel, or many other options. Like I’ve already mentioned, this cream is very versatile. You can add it to basically any dessert out there and it will taste that much better.
If you love this recipe but are looking at what to use it for, try these great ideas!
- Berry Chantilly Cake
- Greek Yogurt Parfait
- Muesli Parfait
- Peach Cobbler
- Blueberry Pie
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, attach the whisk attachment and pour in 1 cup of cold heavy cream.
- Now add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix on high speed until soft peaks form.