Simple yet perfect, this Chantilly Cream recipe is an essential part of every sweet tooth’s kitchen. A perfect whipped topping for almost any dessert.
Table Of Contents
Chantilly Cream Recipe Details
One of the things I love about this Chantilly Cream recipe is how easy it is. It only requires three ingredients and you can use it to make any dessert even better.
- Taste- Sweet with a hint of vanilla, this Chantilly Cream has a light flavor that works well with any dessert.
- Texture- Creamy and smooth, this cream has an airy texture that melts in your mouth.
- Ease- With just 3 ingredients, you can make this so easily whenever you want to dress up dessert.
- Time- This recipe only takes 7 minutes, so you can make it fresh anytime.
What You’ll Need
How to Make Chantilly Cream
- Combine the ingredients. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cold heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk. Start mixing them with the whisk attachment at high speed. Bubbles should appear before becoming thick and frothy. Whisk until you get soft peaks. Be careful not to overmix.
- Use full-fat cream- Make sure to use the 36% or full-fat heavy cream to get the right thickness and texture to your Chantilly cream.
- Mix in a large bowl- Since the heavy cream will almost double in size and also splatters, use a large bowl when mixing it with a hand mixer.
- Add sugar to your preference- You can increase or decrease the amount of powdered sugar in this recipe depending on how sweet you want it.
- Don’t overmix– If you mix your Chantilly cream too long, it will eventually turn into butter. Only mix until soft peaks form.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Substitute another flavor- Instead of vanilla extract, try lemon, rum, strawberry, or any other extract for a different flavor.
- Add liqueurs- You can also try this recipe with Irish cream added for an adult version.
- Add vanilla bean- Really up the vanilla flavor by adding vanilla bean to this Chantilly cream.
- Try it vegan- You can also make this recipe with full-fat coconut milk for a vegan alternative. The texture may be a little different though.
Chantilly cream is basically like whipped cream, but way better! There is added sweetness and extra flavor from the vanilla extract. This cream is an essential and versatile recipe that everyone in a kitchen should know. It can go on cakes, cupcakes, any pastry, and goes great with fruit.
It’s best to start with chilled heavy cream because the fat globules emulsify faster and stay emulsified longer at a lower temperature. This is important to the texture of your Chantilly cream.
This Chantilly Cream goes great on desserts of any kind. Besides serving it with fresh fruit, here are some great dishes to enjoy it with:
- Cakes: No Bake Mini Cheesecakes (VIDEO), Chocolate Lava Cake (Video), and Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe with Raspberry.
- Pies: Perfect Peach Pie, Blueberry Pie Recipe (Video), and Easy Strawberry Cobbler.
- Parfaits: Muesli Yogurt Parfait with Berries (VIDEO) and Greek Yogurt Parfait.
- Coffee: Coffee Chocolate Mousse, Iced Caramel Macchiato, and Caramel Frappuccino Recipe (Starbucks Copycat).
Make This Chantilly Cream in Advance
Make ahead: You can make this Chantilly Cream in advance and store it in the fridge. If it becomes liquidy, just whip it to reincorporate the air that makes it fluffy.
Storing: Stored in an airtight container, it can stay refrigerated for 5-7 days.
Freeze: Place the Chantilly Cream in a tightly lidded container and freeze for up to 4 months. Allow it to thaw and whip as needed when you’re ready to serve it.
More Delicious Desserts!
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Bundt Cake Recipe
- Tiramisu Cake Recipe (VIDEO)
- Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Honey Cake (Spartak Cake)
Full Recipe Instructions
- Can I make this ahead of time?
- What to serve chantilly cream with
- Add-ins and substitutes