How to make a chocolate lava cake
Decadent molten chocolate lava cake that goes perfectly with a scoop of ice cream.
- 7 4 oz ramekins
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit. Over a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate chips . Keep stirring until it reaches a smooth silky consistency.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk. Then beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Sift the flour with a mesh strainer and whisk it into the chocolate mixture.
- Spray each ramekin with nonstick spray and fill with the batter. Make sure NOT to fill each one all the way to the top. I used 4 oz ramekins.
- Place each filled ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.If you refrigerate your lava cakes, bake them for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once they're done, flip them over onto a plate. Or you can always eat them straight out of the ramekin if you prefer not to flip them. Serve warm with berries or ice cream.