Chocolate mouse is incredibly easy to make, yet looks so fancy. This creamy dessert will bring a sophisticated end to any special occasion meal.
- Dissolve 2 tsp of espresso powder into 2 tbsp of hot water.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate, butter, and dissolved espresso powder.
- Meanwhile soak the gelatin in 2 tbsp of water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature, add in the vanilla, sugar, and soaked gelatin. Stir with a whisk, just to combine.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the chilled heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula, fold the heavy whipping cream into the chocolate. Do not stir. String will make the mouse lose its airy texture.
- Once the chocolate and heavy whipping cream are blended well, pour the mouse into serving glasses and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight