This Greek yogurt parfait is loaded with honey vanilla Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and crunchy almond-flavored granola.
Greek yogurt parfait
You can enjoy this berry parfait any time of day. Whether it for breakfast or as an after-dinner dessert. We love enjoying sweet treats with berries so much that we include them in our berry chantilly cake, strawberry bundt cake, and honey raspberry cake.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- Greek yogurt– I love using honey vanilla
- almond granola– you can use plain or vanilla flavored
How to make a parfait
- For this recipe start off by rinsing your berries or fruit and patting them dry.
- Then begin assembling your parfait by layering the chopped berries, greek yogurt, and choice of granola in order. I like to layer the parfait ingredients in stemless wine glasses because it makes it look extra fancy, but you can place them in mason jars for a more vintage look.
What is a parfait?
- Parfait is a semi-frozen French dessert consisting of boiled cream, eggs, and sugar (ice cream) then layered between berries or fruit and sometimes granola.
- In the United States, parfaits are typically made with greek yogurt, berries, and granola.
- Parfait is a common dessert item that can be found at most fast-food joints like Chick-fil-A or Mcdonalds.
Is Greek yogurt good for you?
- Greek yogurt has many health benefits for the body. If you don’t mind it without the sugar, Unsweetened Greek yogurt is packed with protein, calcium, and probiotics which are good bacteria that can help boost your immune system.
What to make with Greek yogurt
Besides this yogurt parfait and berry muesli parfait (video) recipe, Greek yogurt can be used in recipes that are both savory and sweet. If you love incorporating Greek yogurt in your food, give these greek yogurt recipes a try.
How long will it keep?
Once you assemble the parfait, its best to enjoy it right away, but you can keep in the fridge for up to 1 day. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap if its in a glass cup.
How far in advance can I make a parfait?
To save time, you can chop up your berries or fruit a day in advance and assemble whenever you’re ready to enjoy it. You can always make it the night before and enjoy it fresh out of the fridge the next morning. The granola might not be as crunchy though.
Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups honey vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups almond granola
- Rinse and pat dry the blueberries and strawberries. Cut the strawberries into pieces.
We posted this recipe way back on Jul 4, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.