This Greek Yogurt Parfait is loaded with honey vanilla Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and crunchy almond-flavored granola. This sweet-tart breakfast is a real treat!
Table Of Contents
Yogurt Parfait Recipe Details
I love sweet treats made with berries because of their juicy flavor. You can enjoy this berry Yogurt Parfait any time of day, as a breakfast or as an after-dinner dessert.
- TASTE: This Yogurt Parfait is sweet and a little tart, with a nutty hint from the granola.
- TEXTURE: The mix of creamy yogurt, juicy berries, and crunchy granola is like a party in your mouth.
- TIME: This recipe will only take you 10 minutes.
- EASE: It’s super easy to make and only uses 4 simple ingredients.
What You’ll Need
- Greek yogurt– I love using honey vanilla
- Berries- Strawberries and blueberries
- Almond granola– You can use plain or vanilla flavored
How to Make Yogurt Parfait
- Wash and dry the berries. Rinse and pat dry the blueberries and strawberries. Cut the strawberries into pieces.
- Layer the yogurt parfait. Layer the yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, and granola in a glass cup or mason jar. You can layer as much of each ingredient as you please, it’s up to you. I like to do 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1/4 cup granola.
Pro Tip: To make this look extra fancy, layer the parfait ingredients in stemless wine glasses. Or you can use mason jars for a more vintage look.
- Pat your berries dry– You don’t want extra liquid in the parfait or it will make the granola soggy.
- Choose the best berries- Look for ripe, fresh berries that are at the peak of sweetness for the best tasting Yogurt Parfait.
- Break up any granola chunks- Sometimes granola can clump together, so make sure it has an even consistency when you layer it in.
- Don’t rush– If you want these parfaits to look really nice, add the layers in slowly so they are mostly even and don’t appear messy. Wipe any yogurt smears with a damp cloth before serving.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Add chocolate- For a sweeter treat, add some mini chocolate chips to this Yogurt Parfait in layers, or top with Chocolate Ganache.
- Substitute different yogurt- I like honey vanilla yogurt, but you can use any flavor you like, as well as other types, such as coconutmilk or almondmilk yogurt for a dairy-free version.
- Add other fruits- Berries aren’t the only fruit you can use in a parfait. Try banana slices, diced apple, peaches, pears, or melon.
- Use toppings and sauces- Add a sprinkle of chopped nuts, or drizzle on some Fresh Raspberry Sauce. You can also top your parfait with Cherry Pie Filling and Chantilly Cream.
A parfait is a semi-frozen French dessert consisting of boiled cream, eggs, and sugar (ice cream), then layered between berries or fruit and sometimes granola. In the United States, parfaits are typically made with Greek yogurt, berries, and granola.
Greek yogurt has many health benefits for the body. It is packed with protein, calcium, and probiotics, which are good bacteria that can help boost your immune system. The unsweetened version is even healthier.
This Yogurt Parfait is the perfect sweet breakfast or dessert, and it works with lots of other recipes. Here’s what you can serve it with:
- Pancakes: As a side, serve this parfait with Almond Flour Pancakes (gluten-free), Dutch Baby Pancakes, or Blueberry Breakfast Crepes.
- Muffins: Try this parfait with Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins or Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe (VIDEO).
- Proteins: The sweetness of this Yogurt Parfait pairs perfectly with savory proteins, like Easy Poached Eggs with Caramelized Onions, Crispy Air Fryer Bacon, and Sausage Gravy over Buttermilk Biscuits.
- Cookies: After dinner, offer this pretty parfait with a plate of Linzer Cookies with Raspberry Jam or Double Chocolate Cookies (VIDEO).
Make This Yogurt Parfait in Advance
Make ahead: To save time, you can chop up your berries or fruit a day in advance and assemble whenever you’re ready to enjoy it. You can also make it the night before and have it fresh out of the fridge the next morning, though the granola might not be as crunchy.
Storing: Once you assemble the parfait, it’s best to enjoy it right away. But you can keep it in the fridge for up to 1 day. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap if it’s in a glass cup.
Freeze: Unfortunately, you can’t freeze yogurt because it will become grainy. But you can freeze the fruit. Just thaw them in the fridge and then assemble the Yogurt Parfait when you’re ready to serve.
More Tasty Breakfast Dishes!
- Berry Muesli Parfait (video)
- Blueberry Muffins (VIDEO)
- Blueberry smoothie bowl
- Buttery Belgian Liege Waffles
- Eggs Benedict Recipe
Full Recipe Instructions
- 2 cups honey vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups almond granola
- Rinse and pat dry the blueberries and strawberries. Cut the strawberries into pieces.
We posted this recipe way back on Jul 4, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.