If you like your breakfast sweet, then these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are going to wow you. Melted chocolate and crunchy walnuts in a moist banana muffin, these are decadent.
Amazing Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
When it comes to sweet treats for breakfast, you can’t go wrong with these decadent Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Made with ripe bananas, brown sugar, and butter, they are rich and moist. Then add the melted chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts and you have a muffin that’s melt-in-your-mouth good. This tasty recipe is easy to make and perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack on the go. Enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee or some cold milk.
What you’ll need
For these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, you will need Unsalted butter, Granulated sugar, Golden brown sugar, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, and Ripe bananas. For the dry ingredients, you’ll use All-purpose flour, Baking soda, and Salt. And for added deliciousness, Semisweet chocolate chips and Walnuts.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mix the butter, sugars, and vanilla. In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Use an electric hand mixer to combine everything together for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and bananas. Mix in the eggs on medium. Then in a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add them to the batter. Mix again.
3. Add the dry ingredients. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into the bowl and mix until everything is incorporated.
4. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips. Now fold the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips into the muffin batter with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
5. Fill the muffin tin. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each one fully. You should get 12-13 muffins from this recipe.
6. Bake. Top the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with extra chocolate chips and bake for 22-24 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you store them?
The best way to store these muffins is by letting them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container. Then place a paper towel on top of them before closing the lid. This will keep them from drying out, and the paper towel will keep them from getting soggy. They will last for about a week in the refrigerator.
Can you make them ahead of time?
Yes, these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for making ahead and freezing. Whether you need these muffins for a future date or just want to have some on hand, you can freeze them once they’ve cooled in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you are ready to serve, just allow them to defrost overnight in the fridge and then warm them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
More deliciously sweet recipes to try!
- Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe (VIDEO)
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Best Blueberry Muffins Recipe (VIDEO)
- Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (VIDEO)
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Mix butter, sugars, and vanilla
Add eggs and mashed bananas
- Then add 2 large eggs and mix them in on medium speed.
- Now in a separate bowl, mash up 4 ripe bananas. Then add them to the muffin batter.
Add dry ingredients + walnut + chocolate chips
- Then sift the dry ingredients in this order: 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Now mix the dry ingredients into the banana muffin batter.
Fill the muffin tin and bake
- Like a muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each muffin full. You should get about 12-13 full muffins out of this recipe.
- Now top the muffins with extra chocolate chips and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22-24 minutes.