Savor this garlicky pasta recipe – it is tossed in sautéed zucchini and topped with shredded parmesan. My pasta with zucchini recipe makes a quick and light summer dinner.
This recipe was originally posted August 1, 2018, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How to Make Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic
Ever since I was a child, pasta was a notorious weakness of mine. It still is to this day. Whether it’s in an Alfredo, tomato or olive oil based sauce, I’ll choose pasta over anything. Looking back to the old days when my mother and I would watch Food Network together, Rachel Ray was always a mutual favorite of ours. This incredibly delicious summer recipe was actually inspired by her. I made a few minor adjustments according to my taste buds, but you’re more than welcome to follow her original recipe. What I love most about this dish is that it’s so easy and quick to throw together. It has a mellow flavor yet richness from the Parmesan. It’s undoubtedly the perfect summer dish!
If you love zucchini then try these chicken zucchini fritters.
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Pasta with Zucchini
1. Using a box grater, shred the zucchini, then squeeze out the juices using your hands.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the minced garlic.
3. Add the shredded zucchini and season with salt a pepper. Sauté the zucchini. Cook the pasta al dente and add the hot, drained pasta to the pan.
4. Give the pasta and zucchini a toss and add additional salt if need be.
How Much Salt to Add to Pasta Water
Adding salt to the water will enhance the flavor of the pasta at the end. How much salt depends on the other ingredients you will be adding to your pasta at the end. I typically add about a tablespoon of salt to the pot.
If you are going to eating the pasta without many other ingredients, feel free to add a bit more.
What To Serve with Pasta
Here are some of my favorite recipes to serve with pasta:
Spaghetti with zucchini and Garlic
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb spaghetti cooked al dente
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a box grater, shred the zucchini, then squeeze out the juices using your hands.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the minced garlic. Stir until the garlic gives off an aroma and begins to sizzle.
- Add the shredded zucchini and season with salt a pepper. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Cook the pasta al dente and add the hot, drained pasta to the pan.
- Give the pasta and zucchini a toss and add additional salt if need be.