This Easy Raspberry Cheese Danish Recipe is a perfect breakfast treat or dessert that is simple to make using puff pastry as a base. You’ll love our simple version with few ingredients but amazing bright raspberry flavor.
Do you love homemade cheese danish recipes? you won’t believe how easy our mini cherry cheese danishes are! A must make dessert for cherry season!
This recipe was originally posted May 10, 2017, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Easy Raspberry Cheese Danish Recipe
I used store-bought puff pastry dough to make this a quick dessert recipe. However, if you want to go above and beyond you can make this using my homemade danish dough recipe here on the blog. For this cheese danish recipe, I prefer using a faster method. I almost always have these ingredients at home so this pastry can be whipped up very quickly (about 20 minutes) besides the baking time. This is also something I like to serve when having unexpected guests. It looks like it took a long time to make when in reality it’s just as quick as making cookies.
Ingredients for an easy Cream Cheese Danish with Raspberry filling
- Puff Pastry Sheets
- Cream Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Raspberry Jam
- Powdered Sugar
How to make a Cream Cheese Danish with Raspberry Filling
For complete directions and ingredients list, see the printable option at the bottom of the post.
- Prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven as needed.
- In a bowl, you will combine your cream cheese danish filling mixture and mix with a handheld mixer until well blended, leaving raspberry jam out until later.
- You will cut the puff pastry as shown, and layer your raspberry jam and cream cheese danish filling as appropriate before braiding and topping with an egg wash to bake.
- Top with a drizzle of glaze if desired.
A spoon of glaze drizzled over the top makes this simple cheese danish recipe look beautiful with the bits of raspberry jam showing through the braid.
More Cheese Danish Recipe Ideas
It is no mystery that I absolutely love the combination of fluffy pastry with cream cheese and fruit fillings. While this raspberry cheese danish recipe is one of my favorites, below are a few more you will also love.
Full Recipe Instructions
Raspberry Cheese Danish Recipe
- Combine cream cheese, ricotta, sugar, and lemon juice with a handheld mixer.
- Place the thawed puff pastry out onto a sheet of floured parchment paper. Roll it out lengthwise about 2 inches.
- Cut the top corners off and begin cutting strips diagonally down the sides of the pastry. You should end up with about 10 strips on each side. Once you reach the bottom strip, cut off the remaining flaps.
- Place the filling in the middle third of each puff pastry sheet. Then pipe out an even layer of raspberry jam on top of the filling (1/4 cup per danish ).
- To make the braid, begin crossing over each strip, alternating between sides. Every time you pull a strip over to the opposite side, gently pinch it down. Before you cross over last strips, fold in the bottom middle flap.
- Brush both danishes with egg wash. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minute or until golden brown.
- Make the glaze by combining the milk and powdered sugar. Once the danish is completely cool, drizzle the glaze over it.