This restaurant-quality Chicken Broccoli Alfredo recipe is perfect for guests or serving anytime. Rich alfredo sauce with juicy chicken and tender broccoli is a delicious combo.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
This Chicken Broccoli Alfredo pasta dish is so rich and creamy. But it’s never too much because the earthy flavors of the broccoli and the juicy, lean chicken add great texture and flavor. The Parmesan cheese has a delicious nutty taste that goes so well with the other ingredients. This alfredo pasta dish is filling and satisfying, and sure to become a go-to meal this winter.
What you’ll need
For this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo recipe, you’ll need Chicken breast cutlets, and Salt and Pepper for their preparation. To make the alfredo sauce, you’ll use Garlic cloves, Unsalted butter, Olive oil, Heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. And lastly, you’ll need Rotini pasta and Broccoli florets.
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Cook the chicken. Season both sides of the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Then add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the chicken on both sides until fully cooked, cut it into cubes, and set it aside.
- Saute the garlic for the alfredo. Now add the unsalted butter to the same skillet and bring the heat to medium. Add in the minced garlic cloves and stir for about 20 seconds, or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan. Next, pour in the heavy cream and let it come to a simmer. Then turn the heat off and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta and broccoli. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the rotini pasta. Once the rotini is done, pour the pasta water into a bowl with the broccoli florets. Quickly cover the bowl and let the broccoli steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Add it all together. Add the pasta to the sauce. When the broccoli is fork-tender, drain it and add it to the pasta along with the chicken. Serve.
Variations on Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Use different vegetables- Asparagus, brussels sprouts, and spinach could all work as well if you don’t have broccoli.
- Make it lighter- Replace the heavy cream with Half & Half (regular or fat-free) for a lighter, but still creamy, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo.
- Go gluten-free- Just switch out the pasta for a gluten-free pasta made with corn, brown rice, or quinoa.
- Add another protein- This dish is also tasty with chopped bacon, or substitute grilled pork in place of the chicken if you prefer.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
To store this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, place the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for about 4-5 days. When you are ready to reheat, place it back in the skillet and heat through, adding some more heavy cream as needed.
More Tasty Pasta Dishes to Enjoy!
- Creamy Tomato and Mushroom Rotini Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (VIDEO)
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
Season and cook the chicken
- Season both sides of the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Now add 4 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet and bring the heat to medium-high. Then pan-fry both sides of the chicken breast until fully cooked. Then cut the chicken into cubes and set aside.
Make the alfredo sauce
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter into the same skillet and bring it to medium heat. Then add 2-3 minced garlic cloves and stir for about 20 seconds or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Now pour in 4 cups of heavy cream and let it come to a simmer. Once it’s simmered, turn the heat off and stir in 1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese.
Cook pasta and broccoli
- In the meantime cook 1 lb of rotini pasta in a pot of salted boiling water. Once the pasta is cooked, pour pasta water into a bowl filled with 10 oz of broccoli florets. Quickly cover then bowl to let the broccoli steam for about 8-10 minutes.
- Then add the pasta to the sauce. Once the broccoli is fork-tender, drain it and add it to the pasta along with the cut chicken. Serve warm with breadsticks and salad.