These Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are a quick and easy vegetable that tastes great and can be really versatile. Crispy and delicious, they make a flavorful side dish for any meal.
Table Of Contents
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe Details
Brussels sprouts are very versatile and you can get really creative with how you prepare them. I love this recipe because it keeps things simple and tasty!
- TASTE: Mildly sweet with a hint of garlic, these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are so yummy.
- TEXTURE: With tender insides and crispy outer layers, these little cabbages have a great texture.
- TIME: This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook.
- EASE: Making these brussels sprouts is so easy and you only need 5 ingredients.
What You’ll Need
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Wash the brussels sprouts. Rinse them and then pat them dry really well. Remove any outer leaves that are discolored or look dirty still.
- Cut them. Cut each one in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix in the seasonings. Add the salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic powder to the brussels sprouts. Using clean hands or a wooden spoon, mix everything together until the cabbages are fully covered.
- Put everything in the air fryer. Place the seasoned brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Depending on the type of air fryer, the cooking time will vary. For an oven air fryer, you can cook them for 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have the basket kind, then 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit should do it.
Pro Tip: Make sure that when you season the brussels sprouts, you stir them together well with the spices, or put them in a ziplock bag and give them a thorough shaking, so that each cabbage is fully covered for maximum flavor.
- Pat them dry- The less moisture the better when frying because this will enable them to crisp up faster and thoroughly.
- Don’t overcrowd- If too many brussels sprouts are in the basket, they will press on each other, not allowing the hot oil to cook and crisp them as it should.
- Get creative with seasoning- You can make these brussels sprouts extra tasty by varying the seasoning. Add or take out whatever makes them suit your preferences best.
- Vary the cook time- Make sure you cook the brussels sprouts based on the type of air fryer you’re using. For an oven air fryer, 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have the basket kind, then 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Add bacon- The salty, savory flavor of chopped bacon goes amazingly well with crispy brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle them with parmesan cheese- Dry and salty, this cheese is also a natural choice for these little cabbages.
- Drizzle with cream sauce- A rich, buttery cream sauce makes these air fryer brussels sprouts even better,
- Add other vegetables- Simple but tasty, sauteed and caramelized onions and garlic are a delicious add-in.
Brussels sprouts are small vegetables that come from the cabbage family and are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They sometimes get a bad rap because they can taste bitter due to a certain compound, but when prepared right, they taste delicious.
Yes, you need to wash your brussels sprouts. These vegetables grow in tall stalks from the ground and are often covered with some dirt on their outer leaves. You can also peel off any leaves that look subpar, but make sure to wash and pat them dry before cooking.
Yes, you can. The texture will be a little softer if they have been frozen though. Just cook them according to the recipe, but add a few extra minutes and space them out more to allow for thawing and evaporation of excess moisture.
These Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are versatile enough to pair with almost any main dish. Here are a few ways you can serve them.
- Meats: For a delicious meal, serve these brussels sprouts with Pork chops, Braised Beef, Prime Rib, or Ribeye Steak.
- Seafood: Serve them with Air Fryer Shrimp, Beer Battered Cod, or Cedar Plank Salmon for a healthy dinner.
- Pasta: Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (VIDEO), and Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta all go well with these crispy cabbages.
- Sides: Serve them alongside Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, and Baked Potatoes.
Make These Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts in Advance
Make ahead: You can rinse and cut the brussels sprouts ahead of time and then store them in the fridge for up to a day. Then season and fry.
Storing: Keep any leftover Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days. To reheat them, place them back in the air fryer until warm and crispy.
Freeze: You can freeze the brussels sprouts in a freezer ziplock bag for about 3 months. Place them in the air fryer when you are ready to serve, adding a few minutes to the cook time.
More Easy Air Fryer Dishes!
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Easy Shrimp
- Air fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy French Fries
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Steak Bites
Full Recipe Instructions
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by lightly rinsing them and patting them dry really really well.
- Then remove the outer (dirtyish) layer of leaves, and slice each sprout in half.
- Then place the halves into a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic powder.
- Use your hands or a large wooden spoon to evenly mix around the spices. Or you can toss everything in a gallon-sized ziplock bag and shake it all around. Totally up to you! This
- Once your brussels sprouts are coated in the seasoning and oil, place them on the air fryer basket.
- Pat them dry. The less moisture the better when frying because this will enable them to crisp up faster and thoroughly.
- Don’t overcrowd. If too many brussels sprouts are in the basket, they will press on each other, not allowing the hot oil to cook and crisp them as it should.
- Get creative with seasoning. You can make these brussels sprouts extra tasty by varying the seasoning. Add or take out whatever makes them suit your preferences best.