Simple and delicious, this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus dish is just the side you want at your dinner table. Its savory flavors and crisp bacon go with everything.
Savory Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
When you imagine vegetable side dishes, they can sometimes be a bit boring. But not these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. The bacon takes this side up to a whole new level, incorporating salty and savory flavors that go so well with the earthier notes of the asparagus. Cooked in the oven, these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus get a nice crispness to them from the broiler. Altogether, this simple and easy-to-make side dish is too scrumptious to pass up.
What you’ll need
This ingredient list is short and sweet: Asparagus stalks (trimmed), Bacon slices (classic cut), Avocado oil, and Salt & Pepper. That’s it!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Oven
- Prep the asparagus. Rinse the asparagus spears in cold water and then pat them dry thoroughly. Now trim the ends off (they are very stringy and hard to chew) and discard.
- Oil the asparagus. Drizzle some avocado oil over the spears and then season them with salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to make sure they are well-coated in this mix
- Cut the bacon lengthwise. Take out 10 slices of classic cut bacon and cut each one lengthwise using kitchen shears.
- Wrap the asparagus with bacon. Then begin wrapping each spear with the cut bacon as tightly as possible, overlapping slightly.
- Prep the baking sheet. Now line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Then put the bacon-wrapped asparagus (seam side down) on the wire rack.
- Bake. In a 400-degree Fahrenheit oven, bake them for 10 minutes. Then use rings to flip the asparagus over and bake for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the oven on broil and bake for 2-3 more minutes.
How long do I cook my bacon wrapped asparagus?
You should cook your bacon for a total of 23 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, if you are not using a wire rack or have chosen thicker cut bacon, then you will need to add a few minutes to the cook time in order to get your Bacon Wrapped Asparagus fully cooked and a little crisp.
How to Store them
If you have leftovers of this side dish, place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator once cooled. They will stay fresh for about 4-5 days. To reheat, place the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus back on the wire rack and baking sheet, and heat for a few minutes until warmed through.
Can you make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can prep these the day before. Just follow the recipe up to the point that the asparagus is wrapped in cut bacon. Then store them in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, just cook them on the wire rack as directed. This is a great time saver!
Try these other Delicious Side Dishes!
- Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Garlic Asparagus
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Super Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (oven baked)
- 20 stalks asparagus trimmed
- 10 slices bacon classic cut
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by rinsing the asparagus spears in cold water. Then pat them dry thoroughly.
- Now trim the ends of the asparagus and discard the ends. Those ends are very stringy and hard to chew. Then drizzle a teaspoon of avocado oil over them and season with salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to coat them in the oil and spices.
- Now take out 10 slices of classic bacon and cut them each in half lengthwise. I usually do this with kitchen shears.
- Behind wrapping each strip of cut bacon around the asparagus. Try to wrap them as tightly as possible.
- Now line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Then place the bacon-wrapped asparagus (seam side down) onto the wire rack. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Then use rings to flip the asparagus over and bake for another 10 minutes. Then turn the oven on broil and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes