This Air Fryer Shrimp recipe is so easy and delicious. The shrimp are crispy, juicy, and flavorful, and they go great on seafood salads and with so many other dishes.
How to make shrimp in the air fryer
- Dry the shrimp. Using a paper towel, pat the peeled and deveined shrimp until dry.
- Add the seasonings. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and add the olive oil, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and garlic. Toss together with tongs until well mixed.
- Marinate. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the shrimp marinate in the fridge for about an hour. Or, you can cook them right away if you like.
- Cook the shrimp. Set the basket air fryer to the shrimp setting (or 350 degrees Fahrenheit) and cook them for 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Serve. You can serve these tasty air fryer shrimp so many ways, including with brown rice, atop a delicious spinach salad, or in a quinoa bowl.
What you need for this recipe
Shrimp- Deveined, peeled and with the tail on
Seasoning- Cajun seasoning, pressed garlic, olive oil, pepper, and salt
Rather than garlic and Cajun seasoning, you could also experiment with other flavor combinations with these air fryer shrimp. A few options are:
- Lemon basil- Shrimp will taste light and fresh, with a lemony zing.
- Garlic saffron- A taste of sweet honey and pungent garlic.
- Coconut curry- This combo will make your shrimp sweet and savory.
- Chili lime- Deliciously spicy with a bite of lime tartness.
More air fryer recipes to try
- Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- Healthy Air fryer Zucchini Fries
- Juicy Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Yes, you can. With an air fryer, you can actually put the frozen shrimp right into the basket and cook for just a few extra minutes. The quickly circulating hot air in the fryer makes it possible to easily thaw and cook the frozen shrimp to perfection.
Looking for more shrimp recipes?
Try our garlic ginger shrimp (video) for a quick and easy Asian inspired dinner. Or you can even make a healthy quinoa shrimp bowl. And you can always make a pasta dish out of it and try our cajun shrimp pasta or creamy garlic shrimp alfredo! The possibilities are endless!
Air fryer shrimp
- Take your peeled and deveined shrimp and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Toss everything together using
tongs. From here you can cover it with plastic wrap and let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for about one hour or you can cook them right away.
- To cook the shrimp in the air fryer, set your basket air fryer on the shrimp setting or set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 8-10 minutes flipping them halfway through.