This Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe is crisp on the outside with tender white meat inside. The spice mix marinade gives the chicken unbelievable flavor that you’ll just love.
Why this is the best Air Fryer Chicken Breast
The best chicken breast is the one that has a gorgeous brown outside that’s nice and crisp, with a juicy inside that’s cooked just enough. This Air Fryer Chicken Breast is exactly right, cooked to perfection after marinating in a spice mix that gives it tons of flavor. Cooking these chicken breasts in the air fryer gives the meat great texture because the hot air quickly circulates to cook without drying anything out. If you love fried chicken, this healthier version will make you a convert.
What you’ll need
Besides the Boneless skinless chicken breasts, you’ll need a few ingredients for the marinade. These chicken breast are marinated in a mixture of Avocado oil, Italian seasoning, Garlic powder, Paprika, Onion powder, Thyme, Salt, and Pepper.
How to Make Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Combine the seasonings. In a small bowl, whisk together the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the oil. Add the avocado oil to the spice mix and whisk until the marinade is thoroughly combined.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry. Take each of the chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels. Lay them on a plate.
- Rub them with the marinade. Now evenly distribute the marinade between the breasts and rub it in. Cover them with plastic wrap and allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Allow the chicken breasts to cook for 12-14 minutes in the air fryer, flipping the chicken with tongs halfway through. They are done when their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tips for the Tastiest Chicken Breast
- Pat the chicken breasts dry. For these Air Fryer Chicken Breast to absorb the most marinade, you need to remove any excess moisture. Otherwise, it will repel the oil-based spice mix.
- Marinate the chicken. The longer these chicken breasts sit in the marinade, the more flavor they will take in. Give them at least 30 minutes, though overnight is even better, and always cover them with plastic wrap for food safety since they are still raw.
- Never crowd the air fryer basket. Always leave a little room between the chicken breast and the walls of the basket, allowing for good circulation of the hot air that evenly cooks the meat.
- Check their temp for doneness. The most accurate way to tell that chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast. They should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to Store and Reheat
Once these chicken breasts have cooled, place them in a container with a lid or wrap them in plastic wrap. They can stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat them, place the chicken breast back in the air fryer to cook for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees, flipping halfway.
How to Serve Air Fryer Chicken Breast
These Air Fryer Chicken Breast have so many possibilities. You can eat them as is for a juicy protein-packed snack. They also taste great in salads, like this Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. Or they can be served with pasta, such as this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (VIDEO) and Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta (Video). Other options are Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, Chicken Pesto Pizza, or served with a dipping sauce, like this flavorful Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce. For a super healthy dinner, serve it with this delicious vegetable soup!
More Tasty Chicken Dishes to Enjoy!
- Baked Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (VIDEO)
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Thighs
Full Recipe Instructions
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Now add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Now take 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Then evenly rub them in the spice mixture. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the marinated chicken breast onto the air fryer basket and cook for 12-14 minutes, flipping the chicken with tongs halfway through. A good way to tell if your chicken is done is by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and it should read at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.