These Crispy Air Fryer Apple Chips are crunchy, sweet, and super simple. Making this 2-ingredient recipe in an air fryer keeps them healthy, crisp, and delicious.
Air Fryer Apple Chips
Homemade apple chips are so simple and tasty, you’ll never buy them in the store again. This recipe makes them in the air fryer so they’re also healthy. If you’re looking for a quick snack that you can make ahead of time, these crispy Air Fryer Apple Chips are just the thing. Kids and adults love them and there are tons of different ways to serve them. Let’s look at the two ingredients you’ll be using.
What you’ll need
- Large Honeycrisp apples
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Apple Chips in the Air Fryer
- Wash and cut the apples. First, wash and dry the apples. You can core them or leave them whole, depending on your preference. Then slice them thinly with a knife or, better yet, a mandoline slicer for evenly thin slices. Only do one apple at a time to avoid browning.
- Add the cinnamon. Place the apple slices in a single layer on the bottom of your air fryer basket. Then lightly dust them with cinnamon, as much as you like.
- Cook them. Heat the air fryer to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake them for 15-20 minutes, flipping and adjusting them every 5 minutes. They may fly around a little in the basket because they are so thin, but don’t worry, that’s normal.
- Repeat. Repeat these steps until all the apples are sliced, seasoned, and cooked to crispy deliciousness. Enjoy!
Variations to try
- Try them chewy- I love them crispy, but if you want a chewier version, just cut the apple slices on the thicker side so they hold onto more moisture and don’t crisp up.
- Make them your fall favorite- Fall is pumpkin everything, so try these with some pumpkin spice (homemade or store-bought) for a seasonal treat.
- Add a touch of sweetness- Some brown sugar mixed in with the cinnamon will give a delicious sweetness to these air fryer apple chips. Perfect for dessert.
- Use different apple varieties- Honeycrisp apples are crunchy and sweet-tart, which brings great flavor, but there are so many varieties that you can experiment with. Use your favorite or one of the suggestions below.
What other apples can I use?
- Pink Lady– Sweet, tart, and crunchy
- Golden Delicious– Crisp and sweet
- Gala– Crisp and extra sweet
- Fuji– Super sweet and crunchy
When it comes to these Air Fryer Apple Chips, there are so many options for how to serve them. If you like using them with a dip, I suggest a homemade caramel sauce, like in this Chocolate Caramel Pretzels Bars recipe, or a cream cheese dip. For a sweet treat, add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar over these while they’re still warm. You can also add these to a Charcuterie Board (Cheese Board) VIDEO, as they go well with most cheese types. Or just add your air fryer apple chips to oatmeal, yogurt, granola, or as a garnish for dessert. So many delicious possibilities!
How to Store these Apple Chips
Store these Air Fryer Apple Chips in a ziplock bag or airtight container at room temperature. They will stay crispy for about a week.
More Air Fryer Recipes to try!
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Crunchy Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Healthy Air fryer Zucchini Fries
Crispy Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 3 large Honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash and dry 3 honey crisp apples. You can either core them or leave them whole. Then slice them into very thin slices. I highly recommend using a mandoline slicer to get perfectly thin and even slices. Tip: don’t slice all the apples at once. They turn brown very quickly, so slice one at a time.
- Now cook them at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure to adjust and flip them every 5 minutes. Since the apple chips are thin, they might fly around a little. But that’s totally ok, they will be deliciously crispy once they are done!
- Repeat these steps with the remaining apple slices and enjoy!