These Crunchy Air Fryer Tater Tots have the best texture and taste. They’re lightly seasoned, super crispy, and much healthier than other fried tots.
Air fryer tater tots
Tater tots are great because they’re quick and easy, can be eaten as a side dish or snack, and everyone loves them. You may think tater tots are for kids, but adults love them, too. And for good reason. These air fryer tater tots are crunchy on the outside and have tasty potato insides. They’re also tossed in flavorful seasonings to make them even yummier. The best part is that they are fried without tons of oil so they’re healthier without losing their crunch. These truly are the best!
What makes these crispy tater tots so delicious
This recipe for crunchy air fryer tater tots is simple, but delicious. It requires a bag of Tater tots, Avocado oil, and some great seasonings: Garlic powder, Paprika, and Salt and Pepper to taste. That’s all you need for these amazing tots.
How to make air fryer tater tots
- Season the tater tots. Place the tater tots in a large bowl and then add the avocado oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix. Using your clean hands or a spoon, mix everything together until the tater tots are well coated.
3. Preheat. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Cook. Place the seasoned tater tots in the air fryer basket and cook them for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes, give the basket a shake so they are browned evenly. Serve and enjoy!
- Make them spicy- If you like your tater tots on the hot side, toss them in some chili or cayenne pepper.
- Go sweet and savory- Make a batch of crunchy tots with some air fryer bacon, and drizzle with maple syrup or ketchup.
- Use different dips- If you want to go beyond ketchup, try melted cheese, ranch with buffalo sauce, or sour cream with fresh chives.
How to reheat them
To reheat these air fryer tater tots, place them back in the air fryer basket to heat for a few minutes. This will keep them crisp and tasty!
What to serve them with
Tater tots are great as a snack, or you can pair them with your favorite recipes. Try these crunchy tots with a Crispy Breakfast Burrito (VIDEO) or Croissant Breakfast Sandwich. They’re also great with these Easy Poached Eggs with Caramelized Onions, Buttery Belgian Liege Waffles, and Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes.
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer pork chops (video)
- Juicy air fryer steak
- Air fryer chicken tenders with copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce
- Crispy air fryer baked potato
- Air fryer salmon
- The best air fryer chicken wings
- Air fryer bacon
- Perfect air fryer brussels sprouts
Full Recipe Instructions
Crunchy Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Combine the seasoning with the tater tots using a large spoon or your clean hands.
- Now preheat your basket air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then add the seasoned tater tots to the air fryer basket and Cook for about 15 minutes. Make sure to shake around the basket every five minutes for even browning.