Flaky and deliciously seasoned, this Air Fryer Salmon is scrumptious. You’ll love how flavorful it is and easy to prepare in your air fryer.
Flaky air fryer salmon
This air fryer Salmon makes a healthy and tasty meal. Cooked until the outside is crisp and the inside is moist and flaky, you’ll love this flavorful fish. Cooking seafood can sometimes be intimidating, but this air fryer salmon recipe is so simple and convenient. Make it on a busy weeknight or save it for a relaxed weekend – either way, it will take less than 20 minutes to prepare. Rub it with your favorite spices to make it fit your personal preferences, but this recipe calls for just a simple rub with some fresh garlic. Yum! We love to serve it over some creamy garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Simple salmon rub
Olive oil is used to help the seasonings stick to the salmon fillets, and some salt, rub, and pressed garlic is sprinkled on top. In this recipe, we use Rub with Love Salmon Rub, which is a combination of paprika, thyme, brown sugar, and pepper. You can purchase a rub from the grocery store or online, or make your own from spices like cayenne pepper, dill, garlic salt, onion powder, or cumin. Experiment with what you like best.
Does salmon cook well in an air fryer?
Yes, an air fryer cooks salmon very well. The air fryer circulates hot air around the entire piece of fish, cooking it thoroughly without drying it. This makes the salmon moist and flaky, but also with a crisp outer layer. Salmon is also a great choice for air fryer cooking because it is such a firm fish, and won’t fall apart.
How to make it
- Season the salmon. Season the salmon with olive oil, pressed garlic, salmon rub, and salt (to taste).
- Oil the air fryer basket/sheet. If you have an oven-type air fryer, line the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. If it’s the basket air fryer, then just spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Cook. For the oven air fryer, cook the salmon for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have the basket air fryer, then cook it on one side for 10 minutes, and then 7 more on the other side. Serve your flaky air fryer salmon with a few lemon wedges or as is.
How to know when salmon is done
The best way to tell if salmon is done is by checking its internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Salmon is done at 145 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can also tell by checking its color. Raw salmon is translucent and reddish. When it’s cooked, it turns opaque pink. Near the end of the cooking time, it should be fully pink. If there is a slight bit of translucence in the center when you cut it, that is fine. But pink = done.
What can I serve it with?
More Air fryer recipes to try!
- Air fryer pork chops
- Easy shrimp
- Air fryer zucchini fries
- Crispy french fries
- Air fryer Bacon
- Steak bites
- air fryer asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli
- Breaded Air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer chicken thighs
- Perfect Air fryer salmon
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets about 7 oz each
- 2 tsp rub with love salmon rub (or any other kind you like)
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Bake the salmon at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes of using an oven type. If you’re using the basket type, cook for 10 minutes on one side and 7 more minutes on the other side.