If you need a quick and delicious meal idea, this Easy Four Cheese Ravioli is perfect. You can have this flavorful and filling meal ready in just 15 minutes.
The BEST Four Cheese Ravioli
When it comes to ravioli, this Four Cheese Ravioli with homemade sauce is the best. It has so much flavor and is so easy to make that you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Pairing pre-made ravioli with a simple, yet scrumptious, cream sauce allows you to prepare a wonderful Italian dish in just 15 minutes! On busy nights, this is a great go-to meal. It’s also versatile and you can substitute and add ingredients to make it more your own style. This Four Cheese Ravioli is easy and delicious and should please everyone at the table.
The homemade ravioli sauce is made with simple ingredients you probably have on hand. It contains Cream cheese, Unsalted butter, Garlic cloves, Heavy cream, Salt, and Pepper. That’s it!
Is it worth making ravioli from scratch?
When it comes to homemade ravioli vs. pre-made ravioli, it’s not really worth the trouble of making your own. While homemade four cheese ravioli would taste great, the time and effort to make it doesn’t really measure up to the convenience of buying it pre-made. And honestly, the pre-made ravioli on the market is really quite good.
How to make cheese ravioli with the BEST sauce
- Saute the garlic and butter. In a medium saucepan, saute the butter and minced garlic over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese. Stir for about 30 seconds before adding the cream cheese. Allow it to melt.
- Add the heavy cream. Once the cream cheese has melted, add in the heavy cream and let the sauce come to a simmer. Then remove it from the heat.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients. To the ravioli sauce, add the grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. You can add more salt if you prefer.
- Prepare the ravioli. Boil a pot of salted water and cook the four cheese ravioli according to the package directions. Then drain them and add them to the cream sauce. Stir and serve.
Flavor add-ins and substitutions
- Lighten it up- If you want to make a lighter version of this cream sauce, use Half & Half in place of the heavy cream, or substitute a lower-fat version of the cream cheese.
- Add veggies- With four cheese ravioli and a delicious cream sauce, vegetables would be a great addition. Try broccoli, asparagus, or cherry tomatoes in this dish.
- Make it meaty- If you’re missing the meat, then try some sausage, chicken breast, or ground beef in the sauce.
What goes well with cheese ravioli?
Ravioli goes well with lots of proteins, so you could serve it alongside Cast Iron Ribeye Steak, Pesto Salmon (VIDEO), or Baked Chicken Skewers. You could also make the ravioli the main part of the dish and serve it with some salad or soup, such as Antipasto Salad, Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad, and Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. And don’t forget dessert! Try this four-cheese ravioli followed by Tiramisu Cake or Coffee Chocolate Mousse.
How to reheat it
To reheat leftover ravioli, place the pasta in a pan with some extra cream and warm it on the stovetop until everything is well incorporated. You can also use a microwave, stirring occasionally. Cream sauces often become broken while in a cold refrigerator and this will re-incorporate the sauce as it heats.
Can I freeze it?
Unfortunately, cream-based sauces do no do well in the freezer. But since the ravioli is pre-made, you can quickly put together the sauce and make the dish fresh in about 15 minutes. As for leftovers, keep them in the refrigerator and use them within 5 days.
Easy Four Cheese Ravioli
- In a medium saucepan, sauté 2 minced garlic cloves with 1/4 cup of unsalted butter over medium heat.
- After about 30 seconds of stirring, add in 2 oz of cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese is melted, add 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream. Let the ravioli sauce come to a simmer then remove from the heat.
- Now boil 20 oz of 4 cheese ravioli in a pot of salted water. Then drain, and add it too the ravioli sauce. Serve warm.