These Garlic Herb Steak Bites are full of flavor and incredibly savory. With a delicious cast-iron crust and cooked to perfection, these steak tips are going to be a hit at your dinner table.
Garlic herb steak bites
Is there anything better than the aroma of cooking steak? These Garlic Herb Steak Bites cook in a cast iron pan, and as they sizzle, we add fresh garlic, butter, and herbs. The delicious scents are nothing compared to how tasty these steak bites are when you serve them. Buttery and savory, they are juicy on the inside with a nice crust on the outside. This simple recipe uses fresh and scrumptious ingredients, you’re just going to love how it turns out. If you enjoy a full steak, you will most definitely enjoy our castiron steak and oven ribeye steak recipe too!
Best steak bites recipe
Here’s what makes these garlic herb steak bites so good: their smoky, herbaceous flavors and crusty texture. Each steak bite is juicy and delicious, moistened with buttery garlic. If you love steak, this recipe is a must-try. Steak bites are like having a delicious cast-iron ribeye in the form of perfect steak tips. Add in the fresh herbs and seasonings, and you’ll be wanting this time and again.
Overview: How to make buttery garlic herb steak bites
- Cut the ribeye. Cut the ribeye steak into 1-inch chunks. Season them evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steak bites. Place a cast iron pan over high heat. When it starts to smoke, add the avocado oil. Then place the steak bites inside, making sure to not overcrowd them (you may have to cook them in batches). Stir the steak for 2-3 minutes as it cooks.
- Add the garlic, butter, and herbs. Once the steak tips are almost done, add them all back in along with the crushed garlic cloves, butter, and fresh rosemary, oregano, and thyme to the pan.
- Baste the steak. Using a spoon, baste the steak tips with the herbs and garlic butter for about 1 minute. When done, serve your garlic steak bites warm.
What cut of meat is best for steak tips?
For this recipe, you want to only use ribeye, New York strip, or sirloin cuts. Don’t use chuck because it’s better suited to beef stew and braised beef recipes. Using good-quality meat is very important for these garlic herb steak bites.
What should I serve with steak bites?
These steak bites taste amazing with so many different sides. Some of my favorites to plate with this recipe are garlic mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and cheesy garlic orzo. For a green vegetable side, these air fryer broccoli and air fryer asparagus are great choices.
More steak recipes
If you’re a steak lover and want to branch off from these buttery garlic steak bites, then you should definitely try these air fryer steak bites, oven-baked ribeye, and cast iron steak. For a change of pace, these flavorful flank steak tacos are amazing.
Garlic Herb Steak Bites
Chop and season the steak
- Cut the ribeye steak into 1-inch chunks.
- Now season them with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
Sear the meat
Baste with garlic, butter, and fresh herbs
- Now add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter along with 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary, 1/2 tbsp thyme, 1/2 tbsp oregano, 4 crushed garlic cloves.
- Using a spoon, baste the steak tips with the herb and garlic butter for about 1 minute. Once the steak bites are done, serve warm.