This Juicy Air Fryer Steak has the perfect crust and seasoning. Savory, unctuous, and delicious, the texture inside and out makes this steak mouth-wateringly good.
If you like this scrumptious recipe, you should try our air fryer baked potato and air fryer pork chops, too.
Table Of Contents
Air Fryer Steak Recipe Details
I love this Juicy Air Fryer Steak because of its amazing taste and texture, as well as how easy it is to make. If you’ve got a craving for steak, you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
- TASTE: Buttery and juicy, the flavors of this steak are savory and delicious.
- TEXTURE: This Air Fryer Steak is not only incredibly juicy, but has a perfectly crisp crust.
- TIME: This recipe will take less than 20 minutes to prepare.
- EASE: Simple and easy, this Air Fryer Steak only needs 4 ingredients.
What You’ll Need
- Ribeye steak– boneless
- Avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Toppings- Butter and Chives (optional)
How to Make Juicy Air Fryer Steak
- Season. Using a paper towel, pat your steaks dry and then drizzle avocado oil over both sides of them. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook. After preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (about 3 minutes), cook the steaks for about 16 minutes for a medium-well (145 degrees). Use a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the steak to check the internal temperature.
- Serve. Top them with some butter and chives and serve.
Pro Tip: Pat the steaks down with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This helps the oil and seasonings stick to the meat throughout cooking.
- Choose a thicker, boneless cut– This cut of meat will cook faster, but will be thick enough to remain juicy throughout the process. You can easily get it to the doneness you want without drying out.
- Cook the steak on high heat- The outside of the steak will cook quickly because of the sugar and protein in the meat fibers, giving you that perfect crust.
- Pat the meat dry- Oil and water don’t mix, so doing this will help the oil adhere to the steak’s surface and keep the seasonings on, too.
- Let it rest- Before cutting your steak, let it rest for about 10 minutes to let the juices reabsorb. Otherwise, they will run out when you slice the steak.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Add other seasonings- Besides salt and pepper, you could also add garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, thyme, or red pepper flakes for more flavor.
- Substitute other cuts of steak- Try this recipe with other steak cuts, such as filet, strip, porterhouse, or sirloin. Just adjust cook times to reflect the thickness of the steak and if there is a bone.
- Top with your favorite butters and sauces- Top this Juicy Air Fryer Steak with homemade garlic-herb butter, steak sauce, or fresh herbs.
- Add blue cheese- This cheese adds a pungent flavor that goes well with steak. If this isn’t your favorite, you could also use gorgonzola or feta.
For this recipe, it takes about 16 minutes to cook a boneless ribeye that is 1/2-inch thick. However, the cook time depends on the thickness of the steak. In an air fryer, it will cook faster if the meat is thinner, or slower if it is thicker. You will have to adjust your cook time in accordance with the steak you choose.
Yes, you can cook frozen steaks in an air fryer. If you decide to cook a frozen steak, you will follow the same steps in the recipe as with a thawed steak, but you will have to cook it longer. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to know when it is fully cooked to your preference (for example, medium well is 145-155 degrees Fahrenheit).
There’s almost nothing that doesn’t taste great with a juicy steak. Here are some tasty serving ideas for this recipe.
- Potatoes: Serve this steak with Air Fryer Baked Potato, Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potato Wedges, or Super Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
- Vegetables: This Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli, and Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts taste delicious with juicy steak.
- Salad: Start the meal with a Spinach Pomegranate Salad, Broccoli Cranberry Salad, or Cabbage Cucumber Salad.
- Seafood: Surf and turf is always delicious! Add some Air Fryer Shrimp, Cedar Plank Salmon, or Beer Battered Cod to the plate.
Make This Juicy Air Fryer Steak in Advance
Make ahead: You can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Just remember to cook it just under what you like so it doesn’t overcook when you warm it in the air fryer.
Storing: This Juicy Air Fryer Steak can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container. To reheat it, place it in the air fryer until warmed through and perfectly crusted.
Freeze: You can freeze steak for up to 3 months in a ziplock freezer bag. You do not need to thaw it to cook it in the air fryer.
More Tasty Steak Dishes!
- Steak in the Oven
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Garlic Herb Steak Tips
- Juicy Cast Iron Steak
- Pepper Steak Recipe
Full Recipe Instructions
Air Fryer Steak
- 2 ribeye steaks boneless 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Avocado oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Butter and chives to top optional
- Using a paper towel pat your 1/2 inch boneless ribeye steaks dry. Now drizzle 2 teaspoons of avocado oil (or any other high smoke point oil) over both sides of the steak.
- Then season with coarse kosher salt and pepper generously on both sides.
- Preheat your oven air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 3 minutes. Then cook your steak for about 16 minutes for a medium-well steak.
- Then the best way to tell if your steak is done is by using an instant-read thermometer. It should read at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of your steak. Keep in mind cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your steak.
- Once your steak is done, top it with some butter and chives.
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad - May 27, 2023
- Breaded Chicken Skewers - May 24, 2023
- Mango Smoothie - May 22, 2023
Can’t wait to try cooking a steak in an air fryer, who knew? However, your instructions are for medium well only. I only cook to medium RARE.
Do you have time frame for this temperature, and will I get the same results?
Hi Colette 🙂 Happy to hear you found my recipe! Yes, this steak will still work great for medium rare. The time depends on the thickness of your steak. It may require more or less time depending on the thickness. If you have a 1-inch thick steak it may take about 10 minutes. I would use a meat thermometer to get the best results. Pull it out a little earlier and let it rest as well. I hope that helps! I hope you enjoy the steak! Let me know how it goes! 🙂
This steak was top notch! The outside had an amazing crunchy crust with so much flavor. And the inside was tender and juicy. I can’t believe this is how good a steak can be in an air fryer! Awesome recipe, thanks.
Wow, Garry, that is so awesome to hear. It’s all about getting that good sear with the high heat from the air fryer! I hope you give my other air fryer recipes a try 🙂
I have been looking for a good air fryer steak recipe that has that crunchy exterior. This looks so good! Can’t wait to make it. Now I want to know how to make those little potatoes too!
I’m so happy you came across this air fryer steak recipe, Mandy! Good timing 🙂 Let me know how it turns out. And the potatoes are also made in the air fryer. The recipe will be coming soon!