This Easy Pasta Primavera is a tasty vegetarian meal that’s so satisfying. Made with fresh vegetables, al dente pasta, and salty Parmesan, this pasta dish is light and delicious.
Quick pasta primavera
This easy Pasta Primavera is a vegetarian pasta that is bright and colorful, as well as healthy. Sauteed with some oil and topped with Parmesan, the flavors of the fresh ingredients really shine. Besides being easy to make, this meatless pasta dish only takes about 20 minutes to prepare – perfect for busy nights! And it pairs really well with meat side dishes, like juicy air fryer steak bites and blackened Cajun shrimp. Add some garlic bread on the side and you have a super scrumptious meal to serve.
What type of vegetables goes best in pasta primavera?
This easy pasta primavera is made with Rotini pasta. The fresh vegetables that go into it are Red bell pepper, Zucchini, Yellow squash, Red onion, Garlic cloves, and Broccoli florets. This recipe calls for a simple sauce made with Olive oil, Salt, and Pepper. Mixed in and melted is Parmesan cheese. You’ll also use some of the reserved Pasta water.
Overview: How to make pasta primavera
- Cook the pasta. Cook the rotini pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. When you drain it, reserve at least 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Saute the garlic. In a pan, add the olive oil and heat to medium high. Add in the minced garlic and stir, letting it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the onion. Now add in the chopped onion and stir until the onion becomes tender and translucent.
- Add the rest of the vegetables. To the pan, add the sliced zucchini and yellow squash, along with the salt and pepper. Saute everything for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rotini. When all the vegetables are cooked, add in the pasta, Parmesan cheese, and reserved pasta water. Stir everything together until the cheese has melted. Serve hot.
Get creative with different variations
- Add meat- If you want to make this pasta with meat, you can add cubed chicken, steak, or chopped bacon. Just cook and cut the meat and add it in at the end of the cooking process.
- Substitute different veggies- Use your favorite vegetables, including asparagus, Brussels sprouts, olives, etc. This dish is very versatile and works well with most veggies.
- Use a different sauce- If you prefer a sauce with a tomato base, or maybe one that uses lemons and capers, then go ahead and substitute it.
- Change up the pasta- If rotini isn’t your favorite or you have none on hand, you could also use other pasta types, like penne, linguine, or spaghetti.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze this quick pasta primavera! Transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and lay it flat in the freezer. Once frozen, you can store it vertically to save space. Your frozen pasta will last for up to 3 months. To reheat, you can use the microwave or warm it in a pan on the stove top.
What goes well with this vegetarian pasta dish?
Since this easy pasta primavera is so versatile, it goes great with tons of dishes and sides. Prepare some garlic cheese bread, overnight rustic bread, or easy focaccia bread to serve alongside it. If you want to serve it with a meat dish, then try these air fryer chicken tenders, crispy air fryer chicken wings, or whole oven roasted chicken. Any of these dishes would complement your pasta primavera.
Easy Pasta Primavera
- ￼ Cook 1 pound of rotini pasta￼ in a pot of salted boiling water￼ until al dente. Make sure to reserve at least 1/2 cup of pasta water. ￼
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil into a pan, and let it heat up to medium-high heat. Then add for minced garlic cloves let them sizzle for a few seconds while stirring.
- Then add half of a red chopped onion and stir until the onion becomes tender.
- No add in 1 1/2 cups of broccoli florets and with 1 sliced red bell pepper and sauté few minutes until the vegetables become tender. ￼
- Now add one sliced zucchini along with one sliced yellow zucchini squash, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- ￼Once you've cooked the vegetables cooked, you can add your cooked rotini pasta, 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and half a cup of hot pasta water.
- Stir everything together until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.