This vertical roasted chicken is infused with white wine for the ultimate juicy and flavorful oven roasted chicken.
Vertical Roasted Chicken
This juicy chicken is literally cooked standing upright! Typically vertical roasted chicken is made with beer which helps bring flavor and moisture to the chicken. Instead of using a can of beer I used this ceramic chicken roaster and poured white wine in there. This method of roasting helps the chicken stay juicy and tender on the inside while nice and crispy on the outside. The flavors you get out of this roasting method is truly phenomenal.
What is vertical Roasted Chicken?
- Vertical roasted chicken is pretty much when a chicken is placed on a vertical roaster that usually holds a can of beer. The beer helps bring the flavor and moisture to the chicken.
- Also, know as beer can chicken.
Roast chicken seasoning
- The key to a delicious oven roasted chicken is the chicken seasoning.
- Fresh garlic is a must! The combination of cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper, will give the best flavors to the roasted chicken.
How to make oven roasted chicken
- First, always rinse the chicken prior to seasoning and pat it dry thoroughly. Then rub the whole chicken with a generous amount of pressed or grated garlic. I like to use the grater for garlic.
- Then, combine all the spices and rub the inside and outside of the chicken with the roast chicken seasoning. Don’t be afraid to get your hands in the cavity of the chicken. Now that your chicken is well seasoned, I highly recommend letting the chicken marinate for about 4 hours. Therefore, it absorbs all those yummy flavors of the spices.
- Then, drizzle some olive oil over the chicken and bake in the vertical chicken roaster with it filled with white wine.
How long to roast a whole chicken
- The time it takes to roast a whole chicken really depends on the size of the chicken. A 5 lb chicken will roast for about 1 hour and 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generally, for every 1 lb of chicken, you’ll want to roast chicken in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Roast chicken temp
- Oven roasted chicken is usually roasted at 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The best way to know when you’re chicken is done roasting is by checking the internal roast chicken temp with an instant-read thermometer. Roast chicken temp should be 180 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the chicken. You’ll usually want to check the internal chicken temp in the chicken thighs.
What to make with leftover chicken
Chicken leftovers can make some of the best EASY MEALS or appetizers. If you have any leftover chicken, be sure to give these a try.
- Cheesy chicken and mushroom phyllo cups
- Chicken quesadillas
- Easy almond chicken lettuce wraps
- White sauce chicken enchiladas
- Red sauce chicken enchiladas
Full Recipe Instructions
Vertical Roasted Chicken
- Make the chicken rub by combining cumin, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, and salt.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Rub the outside and inside of the chicken cavity with the grated garlic.
- Evenly distribute the combined spices on the outside and inside of the chicken. Place it in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated, place the chicken stand onto a rimmed baking dish. Pour the white wine into the vertical chicken stand and place the chicken onto it.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken thigh reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer.
This recipe was originally posted on Mar 1, 2017, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.