These Chicken appetizers are filled with sautéed mushrooms, shredded rotisserie chicken, mozzarella cheese, and garlicky mayonnaise. The best part is that the phyllo cups that they are filled in are already baked so you can stuff them right away!
You won’t believe how quick, easy, and tasty these savory appetizers are! They’re perfect for holiday gatherings or really any occasion.
Looking for more appetizer ideas? Then try these mushroom pinwheels, turkey bread rolls, and barbecue meatballs as appetizers as well.
How to make Chicken and Mushroom Phyllo Appetizers
- The first thing you’ll want to do is sauté the chopped mushrooms in a greased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Then, in a bowl combine the sautéed mushrooms, shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Now place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet and fill them with the chicken mixture. Lastly, bake at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
Where to buy phyllo dough
Most grocery stores carry them, I get mine from Safeway. You will find phyllo shells located in the frozen pastries and pies section of the grocery store.
What are Phyllo Cups
Can I substitute the mayonnaise in these chicken appetizers?
My favorite substitute for mayonnaise is greek yogurt. You can also use sour cream if you’d like.
Can I Make these chicken and mushroom phyllo cups ahead of time?
Sure thing! You can either make the chicken filling in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to fill the shells. Or you can bake them completely and serve them at room temperature a few hours later.
Ingredients for chicken appetizers
- olive oil
- shredded chicken
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh dill
- black pepper
- phyllo shells
Full Recipe Instructions
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 4 oz chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 packages mini phyllo pastry shells
- In a pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté the chopped mushrooms until they become tender.
- Next, in a bowl combine, sautéed mushrooms, shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Now go ahead and place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet and fill each shell with 1 tsp of the chicken mixture. Bake at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Smoked Salmon Salad - May 31, 2023
- Garlic Aioli - May 30, 2023
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad - May 27, 2023
So delicious and quick to make! Made these for a few parties and great feedback for them. Definitely going into my favorites!
Thank you for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback, Alina! I’m thrilled to hear these chicken appetizers were a big hit 🙂
Valya of Valya’ Taste of Home says
These look delicious Dina! Perfect for parties!
Thank you Valya!
Those are so cute, and should be tasty. They’re on my to do list for the New Year’s Party.
Yay! I hope you enjoy them Julia, Happy New Year 🙂