These Chicken appetizers are filled with sautéed mushrooms, shredded rotisserie chicken, mozzarella cheese, and garlicky mayonnaise. The best part is that the phyllo cups that they are filled in are already baked so you can stuff them right away!
You won’t believe how quick, easy, and tasty these savory appetizers are! They’re perfect for holiday gatherings or really any occasion.
How to make Chicken and Mushroom Phyllo Appetizers
- The first thing you’ll want to do is sauté the chopped mushrooms in a greased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Then, in a bowl combine the sautéed mushrooms, shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Now place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet and fill them with the chicken mixture. Lastly, bake at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
Where to buy phyllo dough
Most grocery stores carry them, I get mine from Safeway. You will find phyllo shells located in the frozen pastries and pies section of the grocery store.
What are Phyllo Cups
Can I substitute the mayonnaise in these chicken appetizers?
My favorite substitute for mayonnaise is greek yogurt. You can also use sour cream if you’d like.
Can I Make these chicken and mushroom phyllo cups ahead of time?
Sure thing! You can either make the chicken filling in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to fill the shells. Or you can bake them completely and serve them at room temperature a few hours later.
Ingredients for chicken appetizers
- olive oil
- shredded chicken
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh dill
- black pepper
- phyllo shells
- In a pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté the chopped mushrooms until they become tender.
- Next, in a bowl combine, sautéed mushrooms, shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Now go ahead and place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet and fill each shell with 1 tsp of the chicken mixture. Bake at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.