This easy cream cheese fruit dip recipe will become your favorite dip for almost any fruit. With only 4 ingredients, it comes together so quickly!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What is fruit dip made of?
There are many variations of fruit dip. This one is quite simple and has only 4 easy ingredients. Cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream.
Different kinds of fruit dip
Every fruit dip recipe is quite similar in taste but may have varying ingredients. Here are some common types of bases for this yummy dip.
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- marshmallow fluff
How to make cream cheese fruit dip
- Start off with room temperature cream cheese. The softer it is, the easier it will be to mix. If it’s too cold, it will make your fruit dip lumpy, and nobody wants that, right?!
- I like to use my handheld electric mixer to get super creamy cream cheese, its also a lot faster to do this than with a hand whisk.
- Now that you’ve got the base of the cream cheese fruit dip well beaten, add in the confectioner sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream.
- Make sure to mix everything on low speed or else your powdered sugar will go flying everywhere. As the fruit dip begins to come together you cab slowly pick the speed up until you have a nice smooth consistency.
How long does fruit dip last in the fridge?
What to dip in fruit dip?
- Fruits: strawberries, pineapples, grapes, cherries, melon, apples, pears, peaches, plums
- Cake: Pound cake, brownies or add to cupcakes as frosting.
- Crackers: Vanilla wafers, pretzels, ginger cookies
Can fruit dip be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze fruit dip in an airtight container for up to 3-4 weeks. Whenever you’re ready to eat it up, thaw it in the fridge overnight.
More fruit recipes:
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and mix with al electric mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Now add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Beat on low speed until you have a smooth consistency.