These Nutella Brownies from scratch use only 4 ingredients and are gluten free! This is the best homemade brownie recipe and will make you never eat brownie box mix again.
If you enjoy an indulgent chocolate treat minus the gluten, you’ll love my chocolate meringue cookies.
Table Of Contents
- Nutella Brownies details
- If you can’t get enough gluten-free goodness…
- Here’s what you’ll need
- How to make Nutella brownies
- Tips to make the best homemade brownies
- How to make brownies gluten-free
- How to store these Nutella brownies
- Can these be made ahead?
- More CHOCOLATE recipes you will LOVE!
- Full Recipe Instructions
Nutella Brownies details
- Taste- These Nutella brownies are bursting with sweet hazelnut and chocolate flavor. They’re rich and decadent.
- Texture- Because they use only a modest amount of almond flour, these brownies are incredibly moist, chewy, and soft.
- Ease- With just four ingredients, this recipe is a snap to make. You can also make them ahead of time for easy serving and snacking.
- Time- Fresh from the oven, homemade brownies in half an hour? Yes please!
If you can’t get enough gluten-free goodness…
No gluten, but tons of flavors, these recipes are a must:
Here’s what you’ll need
How to make Nutella brownies
- Mix the eggs, salt, and flour. First, combine the eggs and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric handheld mixer on high speed until the eggs become foamy. Then add the almond flour and mix for a minute or so until combined.
- Add the Nutella. Add the slightly warm Nutella to the batter and mix on high speed until the batter is smooth.
- Bake. Pour the Nutella brownie batter into a 9×13 baking dish that has been covered with parchment paper and coated with nonstick spray. Smooth the batter out with a spatula and then bake for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tips to make the best homemade brownies
- Make the eggs foamy- The foam that comes from mixing the eggs on high will incorporate air into the brownies, keeping them from getting too dense and giving them a delicious texture.
- Warm the Nutella- I like to warm the Nutella up in the microwave for a few seconds to liquefy it, which makes mixing it into the batter so much easier.
- Baking time- A few minutes in the oven can change the consistency. If you like a fudgy center, then you can bake it for slightly less time. Don’t forget that the brownies will continue to bake a little as they cool.
- Bake the brownies in the center of the oven- The middle rack gives the most even distribution of heat in the oven, avoiding burnt bottoms and overcooked tops with the insides still raw.
How to make brownies gluten-free
To make brownies gluten-free, just omit the all-purpose flour and replace it with almond flour. Since most brownies have all-purpose flour in them, this is the perfect brownie recipe for you if you’re trying to avoid gluten. This decadent recipe doesn’t sacrifice any flavor!
How to store these Nutella brownies
You can store any leftover Nutella brownies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can eat them as is or place them in the oven or microwave to warm them up before serving.
Can these be made ahead?
Yes, these Nutella brownies can be made ahead. If you’re looking to freeze these for a date in the future (or just have some on hand always), place them in an airtight container or freezer ziplock bag and store for up to 2-3 months. Then thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and serve warm or cold.
More CHOCOLATE recipes you will LOVE!
- No-bake chocolate salami
- Chocolate Honey Cake
- Nutella Baklava
- Chocolate raspberry mousse cake
- Walnut Chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate Lava cake (VIDEO)
Full Recipe Instructions
- Now add 3/4 cup blanched almond flour and mix again until it's well combined.
- Now pour in 2 cups of warmed Nutella and continue mixing on high speed until the brownie is smooth.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat it with nonstick spray. Pour the Nutella brownie batter inside and smooth it out with a spatula. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack.