These paleo chicken zucchini fritters are so delicious you won’t believe that they’re gluten-free, paleo, and whole 30 approved!
Change up your dinner routine with these easy chicken zucchini fritters. It’s the perfect cross of a chicken fritter and zucchini fritter but better! Kids love them, especially with sour cream or ranch. And the best part, their super healthy (paleo, gluten-free, and whole 30 approved). You get your antioxidant from the zucchini, protein from the chicken breast, and a ton of flavor from the garlic and spices. What’s not to love?
If you prefer zucchini fritters vegetarian (without the meat), be sure to give these greek zucchini fritters a try!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here. This recipe was originally posted on Jun 7, 2018, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
Ingredients for chicken zucchini fritters
- Meat– chicken breast, or chicken thighs.
- Vegetables– zucchini, garlic
- spices– salt, pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika
- avocado oil
How to make chicken zucchini fritters
- Shred the zucchini with a box grater and squeeze all the juices out.
- Then place the shredded zucchini into a large bowl along with the ground chicken, pressed garlic, egg, smoked paprika, cayenne salt, and pepper.
- Now combine all the ingredients well and scoop out mounds of the chicken zucchini fritter using a cookie scoop and cook it in a skillet filled with hot oil. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes.
What to serve with paleo chicken zucchini fritters
- We love to dip the chicken zucchini fritters in Greek yogurt sauce.
- Or add them as a side to our garlic zucchini pasta, since zucchinis are abundant in the summertime.
- We also love to add it to other simple pasta dishes like our cheesy baked orzo.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Oil for frying I used avocado oil
- Shred 2 1/2 cup of zucchini with a grater. Squeeze the juices out and place into a large bowl.
- Place the ground chicken, egg, pressed garlic, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper into bowl of shredded zucchini. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a skillet, pour enough oil to over the entire surface of the pan. Bring the heat to medium high heat.
- Scoop the zucchini and chicken mixture using a cookie scoop and place into the hot oil. Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ranch or sour cream.