This Greek yogurt sauce recipe is so versatile and can compliment almost any Mediterranean dishes with flavorful hints of garlic, cumin, and lemon juice.
This dip tastes fantastic with my Grilled Chicken Shawarma recipe.
This recipe was originally posted June 28, 2018, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How To Make Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Sometimes you just crave something unique and you can’t find it anywhere in the store. So you know what? You just make it yourself! That’s how I came up with this dip.
- I adore the earthy spice of cumin and garlic. And I can’t find any dips that feature it as prominently as I was hoping. So I made my own dip! It is incredible. You won’t believe how flavorful it is.
- This Greek yogurt sauce is a great dip when I want to spice up any Mediterranean dish. It goes well with grilled kebabs, gyros, or any Greek salad.
- Greek yogurt makes a perfect dip because it’s already thick and creamy. This recipe couldn’t be any easier.
- Greek yogurt
- Garlic clove
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
This is such a cinch! There are really just two steps.
1. Place the Greek yogurt, pressed garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Whisk all the ingredients together until well incorporated. Serve chilled.
How long does Greek yogurt sauce last?
Keep this yogurt in an airtight container in your refrigerator. If you do that, it will last for up to two weeks. But keep in mind it will have the best taste and texture in the first 7 days. After that, the quality will diminish, even though it will still be safe to eat.
What to serve with Greek yogurt sauce
You can serve any type of meat or veggie with this sauce. My family loves dipping grilled chicken kababs in it. I’m a fan of raw veggies. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Grilled chicken
- Pita chips
- Use as a dressing for Greek salads
- Grilled chicken souvlaki
More Homemade Sauce Recipes
Try these homemade sauce ideas next:
Full Recipe Instructions
Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Place the Greek yogurt, pressed garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, and lemon juice.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until well incorporated. Serve chilled.