This zucchini fritters recipe is not as basic as you think. The addition of crumbled feta cheese gives them a cheesy Greek twist that is oh so irresistible.
If you prefer them without feta, you can most definitely leave it out. You might even like to try a more filling and paleo friendly version like my paleo chicken zucchini fritters. Just be sure to serve them with some Greek yogurt sauce! You won’t regret it.
You’re basic zucchini fritter with a Greek twist. The crumbled feta and fresh dill turn these lovely fritters into a fluffier and tastier appetizer. Serve them warm and crispy with fresh tzatziki sauce.
Ingredients for the veggie fritters
- small zucchinis
- 3 eggs
- fresh dill
- black pepper
- feta cheese
How to Make zucchini fritters
2 . Now, Combine the zucchini, dill, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl. Then, add in the remaining ingredients (see printable recipe below for full list).
3 . Heat olive oil in a skillet and place spoonfuls of the zucchini fritter batter. Cook until each side of the fritters golden brown.
What to serve with greek fritters?
- You can serve these easy greek fritters with tzatziki sauce or greek yogurt sauce.
- I like to serve these fritters with some simple lemon chicken or even oven roasted chicken.
- You can even serve them with a cheesy baked orzo for a super simple dinner.
Looking for more zucchini recipes? Give these a try! Enjoy every bit of zucchini season while it lasts!
- Paleo zucchini chicken fritters
- garlic zhicchini pasta
- crispy zuccini bites
- breakfast zucchini pancakes
- zuchini bacon mushroom fritata
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- Shred the zucchini and place it in a colander (with a plate under to catch any excess liquid). Mix the shredded zucchini with 1 tsp salt and let it sit for 15 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out all the juices.
- Place the zucchini, dill, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the garlic, feta, and flour and mix until incorporated.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and scoop out spoonfuls of the zucchini fritter batter. Cook each side until golden brown. Serve warm with tzatziki sauce.