This delicious grilled BBQ wings recipe is a classic appetizer! Made with an easy 4-ingredient homemade bbq sauce. Quick, easy, and downright delicious.
Serve these wings with my roasted potatoes with bacon recipe.
This recipe was originally posted May 17, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
BBQ Wings – The Ultimate Party Food
BBQ wings are known to be the ultimate party food. There are so many variations of chicken wing recipes. This happens to be one of our favorite. The wings are marinated in salt, pepper, and garlic. Then grilled with homemade barbecue sauce. It’s a simple fuss-free recipe perfect for any summer party, especially graduation parties.
- Chicken wings
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Black pepper
- Homemade barbecue sauce
How do you make barbecue sauce?
Well, you could make my easy 4 ingredients barbecue sauce or try these as well. There are a lot of different ways to make barbecue sauce. Here are some the most popular BBQ sauce varieties, pick your favorite:
- Kansas City BBQ Sauce – A sweeter flavor
- Carolina BBQ Sauce – Tangy with vinegar
- Memphis BBQ Sauce – Smoky with some heat
How to Make BBQ Wings
Here’s how to make your own BBQ chicken wings. Remember to marinate the wings, that’s what will lock in the flavor.
1. Combine chicken wings, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Grill the wings.
4. Glaze barbecue sauce on each side and grill for another 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and glaze extra barbecue sauce over the wings.
What to Serve with BBQ Wings
Chicken wings are party food, so think about serving other fun foods with them. Here are a few ideas:
This BBQ wings recipe was featured on Buzzfeed, find the article HERE
Easy BBQ Wings Recipe
- Combine chicken wings, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill the wings on high heat, 5-6 minutes per side.
- Glaze barbecue sauce on each side and grill for another 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and glaze extra barbecue sauce over the wings.
More Chicken Recipes
For something fun and different, try these chicken recipes next.