My Tri Color Pasta Salad Recipe is a perfect side dish or full meal that is full of vegetables and bright flavors! Follow our easy recipe for a perfect dish.
I’m a sucker for any kind of pasta salad, that’s why my couscous arugula salad recipe is my next favorite to this pasta salad!
This recipe was originally posted March 19, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
Tri Color Pasta Salad Recipe
A good pasta salad is a must for summer months. Especially when you are grilling lots of chicken on the barbecue. This Pasta Salad is one of my favorites because it is both simple and full of flavor. A ready-made salad dressing gives it robust flavor without making you slave in the kitchen for any longer. Keeping all of these ingredients on hand means I can whip this up in minutes for any meal.
How to make Tri Color Pasta Salad
For the complete list of ingredients and directions, find the printable option at the end of this blog post.
Instructions for the Tri Color Pasta Salad
- Prepare your pasta according to package directions
- Prep any vegetables you wish to add to the pasta salad
- Mix all ingredients together and chill before serving
If you prefer, you can saute the onions and mushrooms before mixing with your cooked pasta. This adds more flavor and is a great option if you want to serve as a warm salad.
More Yummy Pasta Dishes
I love the Tri Color Pasta Salad for lunch, or as a side dish. However, sometimes I want something a bit richer. So, the recipes I listed below are some great pasta dishes you too might like for a more complete meal option to satisfy your cravings.
- Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- Creamy Chicken Mushrooms Pasta
- Spaghetti with Zucchini
- Potato Gnocchi Recipe with Parmesan Sauce
Tri Color Pasta Salad
- 1 12 oz package tri-color rotini
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in halves
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 2 2/3 cup Italian dressing
- Cook the pasta according to the package making sure to salt the water well. Once the pasta is cooked, pour it into a colander and rinse the pasta with cold water to stop it from cooking any anymore. After all the water is strained, place the pasta into a large bowl.
- Chop the bell pepper and red onion, then slice the tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Add the vegetables to the pasta and mix just to combine
- Pour the Italian dressing over the pasta and stir well. It might seem like a lot of dressing at first, but the pasta will absorb a lot of it.
- serve chilled.