If you love saucy alfredo pasta, then you will fall in love with this blackened chicken alfredo instantly! The grilled blackened chicken and pasta is tossed in a simple creamy alfredo along with a few spices, chopped green onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
This blackened chicken is so easy and simple, there’s a good reason we make it every other week.
This recipe was originally posted on Mar 2, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
This post has Amazon affiliate links for tools we used to make this recipe.
How to make blackened chicken alfredo
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and blacked seasoning. Then grill the chicken and cut it up into pieces.
- Then sautee the green onion, sun-dried tomatoes, blackened seasoning, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper, and melted butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. This will be the alfredo sauce.
- Pour in the heavy cream and let it come to a simmer. remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese cubed chicken, and pasta.
What is blackened chicken?
- Blackening is a cooking technique that requires heavy seasoning on meats or fish and then cooking in butter or oil. Although the crust may look chared, it is merely a crust that has formed from the butter/oil and spices.
- You can either buy a premade jar of blackened seasoning or make your own by combining paprika, red, white, and black peppers, oregano, salt, onion, and garlic.
Can I make alfredo sauce ahead of time?
Sure thing! Make the sauce and refrigerate within 2 hours. Store for up the 4 days. Then, reheat the sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Make sure to stir constantly to avoid the sauce from curdling.
What sides to serve with blackened chicken alfredo?
Who doesn’t love a bowl of creamy cheesy pasta? Try these other pasta dishes next time!
Creamy blackened chicken alfredo with sauteed green onion and sun dried tomatoes.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 box of mini farfalle pasta spaghetti works fine too
- 1 tbsp Cajun’s choice blackened seasoning
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bunch green onion
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 qt whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Season chicken breast to taste with salt, pepper, and blackened seasoning. Grill for about 3-4 on each side. If you don't have a grill, you can cook the chicken on a greased frying pan as well.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, and cool down, chop it into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Thinly slice the green onion and chop the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat and add in the green onion, sun dried tomatoes, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once the green onion and sun dried tomatoes have been cooking for about 2 minutes, add in the whipping cream. Bring the heat down to low and add the Parmesan cheese once the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Mix in the cubed chicken and stir every few minutes.
- Make the pasta according to the package. Strain out the water and mix the pasta into the sauce.
This recipe was originally published on March 2, 2015, it has been updated since.