If you love saucy alfredo pasta, then you will fall in love with this blackened chicken alfredo instantly! The grilled blackened chicken and pasta are tossed in a simple creamy alfredo along with a few spices, chopped green onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
This blackened chicken is SO easy and simple, there’s a good reason we make it every other week. I hope you love it as much as we do and be sure to serve this with our turkey provolone rolls and cucumber radish salad.
How to make blackened chicken alfredo
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and blacked seasoning. Then grill the chicken and cut it up into pieces.
- Then sautee the green onion, sun-dried tomatoes, blackened seasoning, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper, and melted butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. This will be the alfredo sauce.
- Pour in the heavy cream and let it come to a simmer. remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese cubed chicken, and pasta.
What is blackened chicken?
- Blackening is a cooking technique that requires heavy seasoning on meats or fish and then cooking in butter or oil. Although the crust may look chared, it is merely a crust that has formed from the butter/oil and spices.
- You can either buy a premade jar of blackened seasoning or make your own by combining paprika, red, white, and black peppers, oregano, salt, onion, and garlic.
Can I make alfredo sauce ahead of time?
Sure thing! Make the sauce and refrigerate within 2 hours. Store for up the 4 days. Then, reheat the sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Make sure to stir constantly to avoid the sauce from curdling.
What sides to serve with blackened chicken alfredo?
Who doesn’t love a bowl of creamy cheesy pasta? Try these other pasta dishes next time!
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 box of mini farfalle pasta spaghetti works fine too
- 1 tbsp Cajun’s choice blackened seasoning
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bunch green onion
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 qt whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Season chicken breast to taste with salt, pepper, and blackened seasoning. Grill for about 3-4 on each side. If you don't have a grill, you can cook the chicken on a greased frying pan as well.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, and cool down, chop it into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Thinly slice the green onion and chop the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat and add in the green onion, sun dried tomatoes, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once the green onion and sun dried tomatoes have been cooking for about 2 minutes, add in the whipping cream. Bring the heat down to low and add the Parmesan cheese once the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Mix in the cubed chicken and stir every few minutes.
- Make the pasta according to the package. Strain out the water and mix the pasta into the sauce.
This recipe was originally posted on Mar 2, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.