This Chicken Scampi Recipe is bursting with flavor from the white wine, sauteed peppers, Italian spices, and rich white sauce. It’s also super easy and quick to make!
This post has Amazon affiliate links for tools we used to make this recipe.
How to Make chicken Scampi
- Dredge the chicken tenders in a combination of flour, salt, Italian spices, and black pepper. Then brown the chicken in a skillet filled with olive oil over medium-high heat. Then remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the minced garlic, chopped onion, and bell peppers. Then add the white wine and let it cook out for a few minutes. At this point, go ahead and add the salt and Italian spices.
- Cook the pasta al dente and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Then add the pasta water, heavy cream. Bring it to a simmer and toss in the parmesan cheese and cooked pasta.
Ingredients for chicken scampi:
- all-purpose flour
- Italian spices
- black pepper
- chicken tenders
- olive oil
- unsalted butter
- garlic cloves
- green bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- white wine
- pasta water
- heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- angel hair pasta
Looking for more pasta recipes? Give these a try!
Blackened chicken alfredo– with grilled chicken and, blackened seasoning, and sundried tomatoes.
Creamy Riganoti with Chicken and Mushrooms– a creamy tomato basil sauce with grilled chicken and mushrooms.
This chicken scampi is a delicious chicken pasta dish that is very easy and quick to make. Its loaded with crisp peppers, garlic, and a creamy white wine sauce.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian spices divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup pasta water
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. angel hair pasta
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp Italian spices, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp salt in a flat dish.
- Dredge both sides of each chicken tender in the flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Fully cook both sides of the chicken tenders. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, and the butter, minced garlic, and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the green, yellow, and red bell peppers to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Pour in the white wine and cook it out for about 3-4 minutes. Then add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp Italian spices.
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to the package and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta water and heavy cream to the skillet.
- Once the heavy cream has warmed, add the Parmesan cheese and cooked pasta. Toss to combine.
Ps: We’ve updated some of the photos in this post. Here are some of our old photos.