This Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is surprisingly easy and oh so delicious. Tender kernels covered in butter and seasonings, this recipe is sure to make the perfect side dish.
If you love corn recipes, then you should try this Avocado Corn Salad and these Mexican Salsa Recipe with Roasted Corn.
Table Of Contents
I love this recipe for Air Fryer Corn on the Cob because it’s just so easy and tastes so good. This dish is always a crowd-pleaser when I serve it to my family.
- TASTE: Sweet and buttery, this corn on the cob is absolutely delicious. There is just a hint of salt and pepper to finish it off.
- TEXTURE: The kernels of the corn are nice and tender with a little crispness on the outside thanks to the air fryer. They’re covered in melted butter.
- TIME: This will take 17 minutes.
- EASE: This recipe is so easy, you won’t believe it. This delicious Air Fryer Corn on the Cob only needs a few ingredients and is so flavorful.
What You’ll Need
- Corn ears- Remove the husks and silks. Look for good-quality, nice and firm and with plump kernels.
- Avocado oil– This will coat the corn on the cob so it crisps up and holds the seasonings in place.
- Seasoning- Salt and black pepper is added to taste. Use as much as you like.
- Butter- I suggest using unsalted butter so you can control the saltiness of the corn.
- Basket Air Fryer– This style of air fryer can accommodate the ears of corn.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Substitute another oil- You can use your favorite oil here instead of the avocado oil, including canola oil, olive oil, and vegetable oil.
- Add other seasonings- Add cayenne pepper, paprika, parmesan cheese, or cumin to the corn on the cob.
- Add garlic- Smear the corn with pressed garlic, or sprinkle with garlic powder for a great sweet and garlicky flavor.
- Substitute mayonnaise- Instead of oil, smear mayonnaise on the corn for a richer taste.
How to Make Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Season the corn. Rub the ears of corn with avocado oil and season all sides of the corn with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Air fry them. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the seasoned corn inside and air fry for 13-16 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
Pro Tip: Keep a little space between the ears of corn so hot air can flow between them.
- Trim the corn- Cut off the ends of the corn so the thickness is about the same throughout. This will help them cook evenly.
- Cover the corn with oil- Make sure you get everywhere when smearing oil on the corn so each area will tenderize and crisp on the outside.
- Preheat the air fryer- Doing this will ensure the temperature is high enough when you put the corn in that it will get crispy while the kernels get juicy and tender inside.
- Spread out the corn- Air fryers circulate hot air to cook quickly, so leave room between each ear of corn so that the heat can touch each surface of the corn.
You can put foil in the air fryer, but it will hold steam and create a boiled corn on the cob effect. For this recipe, we don’t use foil because we want a light crispness on the outside of the kernels.
Yes, you can put frozen corn right in the air fryer. Just add a few minutes to the cook time to account for defrosting. The oil may slide off the frozen corn, however, so you might need to season afterward.
This Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is the perfect side dish no matter what you’re serving. Enjoy is alongside meats, seafood, potatoes, and other vegetables.
- Meats: This dish is delicious with Braised Beef, Smoked Chicken Thighs, Cast Iron Ribeye Steak, or Pork Crown Roast.
- Seafood: Serve it with Pesto Salmon, Cajun Shrimp, Crab Artichoke Dip, or Cedar Plank Salmon.
- Potatoes: Pair this Air Fryer Corn on the Cob with Super Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Scalloped Potatoes, or Air Fryer Baked Potatoes.
- Vegetables: Serve it alongside some Air fryer Asparagus, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Cucumber Radish Salad, or Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli.
Make This Recipe in Advance
Make ahead: You can easily make and cool this Air Fryer Corn on the Cob and store it until you’re ready to serve. Just warm it up in the air fryer for a few minutes.
Storing: Store this corn in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap once cooled. It will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze: You can freeze these wrapped in foil and then plastic wrap for up to 3 months. They can be thawed in the fridge or just put directly into the air fryer to reheat when you’re ready.
More Tasty Air Fryer Dishes!
Full Recipe Instructions
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn husks & silks removed
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter for spreading
- Rub 4 ears of corn with 1 Tablespoon avocado oil and season all sides of the corn with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your air fryer to 370. Then place the seasoned corn inside and air fry for 13-16 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
- Smoked Salmon Salad - May 31, 2023
- Garlic Aioli - May 30, 2023
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad - May 27, 2023
Leave questions and feedback here