This 15-minute pesto salmon recipe is loaded with garlicky pesto butter and fresh lemon juice. Its the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
If you want to make it healthier, you can swap the butter for olive oil, but it will need to be drizzled instead of scooped onto the salmon fillets.
How to make baked Pesto Salmon
Pesto salmon Ingredients:
- Basil pesto
- unsalted butter (softened)
- salmon fillets
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice
This post has Amazon affiliate links for tools we used to make this recipe.
How to bake Salmon in the oven
- Combine the softened butter, basil pesto, and grated garlic in a small bowl using a fork.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Season the salmon with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Then add the pesto butter on top. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes.
What to serve with Pesto salmon
- our go-to serving suggestion is mashed potatoes
- or go above and beyond and serve it with these cheesy scalloped potatoes
- you can serve pesto salmon with any kind of pasta; we prefer orzo or couscous
- we also have a wild brown rice recipe we love to serve with fish.
- make it a healthy meal by adding quino as a side.
- or make it a low carb dinner and serve it with steamed vegetables and a green salad.
You can easily make this pesto salmon recipe with a full salmon fillet. Just spread all of the pesto butter on top of the entire fillet.
Do you like salmon? Try these MOUTHWATERING salmon recipes
Panko Crusted Salmon– with lemony garlic mayonnaise and crispy panko-parmesan crust
Salmon Wellington- seasoned salmon, cheesy sauteed spinach wrapped and baked in puff pastry.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Salmon- marinated in a garlic-cilantro soy sauce dressing and grilled to perfection.
This 15-minute pesto salmon recipe is packed with garlic pesto butter and lemon juice.
- 4 tbsp Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 garlic clove zested
- 4 7oz salmon fillets
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl combine the basil pesto, softened butter, and zested garlic using a fork.
- Like a baking sheet with foil and lay the salmon fillets on top. Generously season with salt and pepper and squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on top. (About 1/4 tsp per fillet)
- Scoop out the butter pesto using a cookie
- scoop and place 2 scoops on each fillet.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes.