All you need is 4 ingredients to make this smoked salmon cucumber appetizer recipe.
These tasty appetizers are very elegant yet super simple to make. Their subtle flavor makes it easy to serve with almost any meal.
TIPS to make smoked salmon cucumber appetizer.
• use a “Y” shaped peeler to get wider strips of cucumber.
• Pat the sliced cucumber with paper towels to dry them so the cream cheese mixture doesn’t slide around.
• Use room temperature cream cheese in order to better incorporate the smoked salmon.
Can I make smoked salmon cucumber rolls ahead of time?
Unfortunately, these appetizers are best served an hour or 2 after making them. Therefore you can’t make them too far in advance.
Can I use lox or cold smoked salmon instead of hot smoked salmon?
Technically you can, but the texture and taste will be different.
What is the difference between cold smoked and hot smoked salmon?
Cold smoked salmon often referred to as lox is cured in a salt & sugar rub or brine. Hot smoked salmon is actually smoked and cooked with heat.
If you love salmon, try these other salmon recipes:
Salmon Wellington– Salmon and cheesy spinach wrapped in puff pastry.
Panko Crusted Salmon– with lemony garlic mayonnaise and crispy panko Parmesan crust.
Pesto Butter Salmon– baked with fresh basil pesto butter.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 large cucumber
1 tbsp dill, chopped
3 oz smoked salmon
How to make smoked salmon cucumber appetizers
Combine softened cream cheese, chopped dill, and smoked salmon into a smooth spread.
Then peel the cucumber into thin strips using a vegetable peeler.
Spread the smoked salmon spread onto each strip and roll up.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- Combine softened cream cheese, chopped dill, and smoked salmon into a smooth spread.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into thin strips.
- Spread the smoked salmon spread onto each strip and roll up.
- Serve chilled.